|Line 125:||Line 125:|
Latest revision as of 14:04, 5 May 2019
A heavier relative of Hunter, Viking is the second of the two universal hulls, a somewhat more popular variant of the medium selection. Being fairly inexpensive and quick to access (spare the M2 modification), Viking is a reliable asset of the average tanker's garage, and it pays for itself; almost impossible to flip thanks to its wide shape, low profile, high weight, and centered turret, this hull is the epitome of stability. It has the torque to shove around even some of the heavy hulls and the armor to brazenly charge into them, to boot. While it's not exactly built for racing Wasps, a smart Viking user can typically outlast them, using its high lateral acceleration to deftly duck around obstacles and tackle them when they attempt to enter and engage. It should be noted than a turret with medium or infinite range is preferable on this machine, as chasing after light hulls across giant maps isn't quite Viking's cup of tea.
Description in Garage
Medium hull. Has the fastest speed among all medium hulls. Overdrive greatly increases the damage of its turret, thanks to the increased rate of fire.
This hull encompasses all of the latest military technologies combined in a single piece of engineering art. Enhanced armor and second generation tracks system make this hull an outstanding universal tank. The hull can be used for any type of battle missions -- from a strategic defence to a full frontal assault. Named after the legendary warriors of the North, “Viking” is the most fearsome after overdrive activation. Supercharged weapon system will greatly increase the firing speed of any turret installed on the hull, swiping enemies off the battle with incredible ease. The best use of its superpower is to launch a surprise attack, since firing on all cylinders Viking quickly becomes the primary target for enemy snipers. That’s fair, considering true warriors always face death heads on.
|Top Speed (m/sec)|
|Lateral acceleration (m/sec²)|
|Turning speed (deg/sec)|
|Turning acceleration (deg/sec²)|
|Anti-inertial turning speed (deg/sec²)|
|Reverse acceleration (m/sec²)|
- Protection (hp) — tank's health. Damage dealt by a turret is subtracted from a tank's protection. Once the protection gets to zero, the tank explodes.
- Top speed (m/sec) — maximum speed the tank can get to on a straight.
- Lateral acceleration (m/sec²) — responsible for damping of lateral speed. The less this parameter is, the easier tank can drift. The higher it is, the more difficult it is for a tank to move sideways.
- Turning speed (deg/sec) — the maximum speed at which the tank can turn.
- Turning acceleration (deg/sec²) — affects the time it takes a tank to get to its maximum turning speed.
- Anti-inertial turning acceleration (deg/sec²) — works like reverse acceleration but for left-right turns instead of moving forward/backwards.
- Weight — affects tank's stability, i.e. impact force of hits, recoil of its own turret, and partly, ability to move other tanks (this parameter does not affect tank's speed).
- Power (m/sec²) — affects the time it takes a tank to get to its maximum speed and ability to push other tanks.
- Reverse acceleration (m/sec²) — anti-inertial acceleration that comes into force when a tank is moving in one direction and a player presses the button of moving to other direction. It works until speed gets to zero. After that, usual acceleration starts working.
|Viking XT||Viking Legacy||Viking Prime|
- Viking was one the second generation hulls, and was added into the game on April 27, 2010. It was a great addition in the family of medium hulls, which already included Hunter and Dictator!
- On September 10, 2015, Viking XT was added into the game - which could be obtained by completing a specific Daily Mission or by purchasing it in the Garage for 500 000 crystals whilst having a Premium Account.
- Quite some time after in August of 2018, a new skin for Viking was released: Viking Legacy. It comprised of the original design of the very hull when it was released years ago in 2010.
- In the May 2019 Challenge, Viking Prime skin was released, sporting cool yellow lights and added armor.