A close relative of Smoky, Thunder has a similar function in terms of shelled projectiles fired at an infinite range with diminishing power, but there are a few factors that allow it to stand out from its older sibling. Thunder shoots at a much slower rate, but it has incredible power at medium ranges, a solid middle ground between the aforementioned peashooter and Railgun. The more notable feature of this weapon is the shells' nasty habit of fragmenting violently upon impact, dealing considerable damage in a radius around the target. This makes Thunder an excellent choice when playing on single-point CPs, as it can concentrate its fire near the point and injure several tanks at once from a distance. Just keep a fair distance between your opponents, lest you wind up hurting yourself with your own explosive splash.
Description in Garage
Medium range turret. Highly explosive projectiles can hit several tanks at the same time. Explosions from the shots can also hurt your own tank, be careful, and avoid battles with close proximity to the target.
This medium-range turret was designed with a rich history of using the legendary Smoky turret in mind. The best choice for fans of intense, dynamic battles. Its payload consists of new-generation armor-piercing shells. Such rounds can hit a group of enemies, and the relatively fast reload will grant you the advantage over heavy enemy tanks. But be careful -- in close quarters it is very easy to damage your own tank. In combination with a fast hull, Thunder can turn into a deadly weapon in the hands of a seasoned tanker. Not so seasoned tankers do not exist, since they tend to blow themselves up very quickly.
|Rank Available From|
|Price of Modification|
|Min damage (HP)|
|Max damage (HP)|
|Rotation speed (deg/sec)|
|Rotation acceleration (deg/sec²)|
|Range of max damage (m)|
|Range of min damage (m)|
|Projectile speed (m/sec)|
|Weak damage (%)|
|Projectile radius (m)|
|Max splash damage radius (m)|
|Average splash damage radius (m)|
|Min splash damage radius (m)|
|Average splash damage (%)|
|Weak splash damage (%)|
|Auto-aim upward (deg)|
|Auto-aim downward (deg)|
- Min damage (HP) — The minimum damage dealt to an enemy tank per one shot of the turret within the range of max damage.
- Max damage (HP) — The maximum damage dealt to an enemy tank per one shot of the turret within the range of max damage.
- Impact force — The physical impact of a turret's projectile on enemy tanks upon contacting them.
- Explosion impact — The physical impact on enemy tanks in the damage radius from projectile's impact point.
- Recoil — The physical impact of the turret upon its own tank when shooting.
- Reload time (sec) — The time in seconds required to reload the turret so it may fire again.
- Rotation speed (deg/sec) — This is the maximum speed that the turret can rotate at.
- Rotation acceleration (deg/sec²) — The acceleration of the turret reaching its maximum rotation speed.
- Range of max damage (m) — The distance at which the turret deals its full damage. If the distance is greater than the max damage range, the damage constantly decreases until a tank passes the minimum damage range.
- Range of min damage (m) — The distance at which the turret's damage stops decreasing. If the distance to the target is greater, damage will be dealt according to weak damage parameter.
- Projectile speed (m/sec) — The invariable speed that a projectile ejected from Thunder travels.
- Weak damage (%) — The percentage of normal damage dealt to an enemy at distances larger than minimum damage range.
- Max damage radius (m) — The distance from the projectile's impact point at which enemy receives maximum damage. If the distance to the target is greater, the damage constantly decreases until the minimum damage radius.
- Average splash damage radius (m) — The average radius of the splash damage for every shot.
- Average splash damage (%) — The percentage of normal damage dealt when a tank is within the Maximum damage radius but does not hit the projectile.
- Min damage radius (m) — The distance from projectile's impact point at which enemy receives minimum damage. If the distance to the target is greater, damage will not be dealt.
- Weak damage splash (%) — the % or normal damage dealt at a distance from the projectile's impact point, equal to minimum damage radius.
- Auto-aim upwards (deg) — The angle range that auto-aim will effect if a target is above the turret's horizontal plane.
- Auto-aim downwards (deg) — The angle range that auto-aim will effect if a target is below the turret's horizontal plane.
Protection Module and Icon
Grizzly - name of the module that protects against Thunder.
|Thunder XT||Thunder Legacy||Thunder Prime||Thunder Ultra|
- Thunder is a pretty old turret. It was added into the game on April 27, 2010 along with Hornet, Viking and Mammoth.
- This was the first turret in the so-called "second generation of turrets", in which, along with Thunder, there would soon be Ricochet, Freeze and Shaft. After the re-balance, the division of equipment into generations was removed.
- On September 10, 2015, Thunder XT was added into the game - which could be obtained by completing a specific Daily Mission or by purchasing it in the Garage for 500 000 crystals whilst having a Premium Account. This version of Thunder differed from its original counterpart only by looks, and not by any extra or higher statistics.