Shaft is one of the most unique turrets in the game, sporting a diverse number of features not seen on any other machine. Not only does it have the capability to fire low-powered rounds at opponents through just a tap of the space bar, but holding it down will allow the user to zero in on their targets through a scope, dealing damage depending on how long they hold the space bar down. Under these conditions, Shaft can deal the highest amount of damage per shot in the game, but there are several minor problems that arise when going into sniping mode. After holding the space bar for a while, a guidance laser will begin to appear, possibly revealing your position and scaring away potential targets. Secondly, and probably more notably, your tank is completely immobile during this time. A medium or heavy hull is recommended for use of this turret, in the event of someone sneaking up on them by surprise.
Description in Garage
A great choice for a sniper. It is the only gun with an optical scope attached, allowing it to easily hit targets at long range. Can also fire short-range without using the scope. Works well with any hull, but light hulls risk flipping over from the recoil!
Table of characteristics
- Min arcade damage — minimum damage dealt to an enemy tank per one shot of the turret in arcade mode.
- Max arcade damage — maximum damage dealt to an enemy tank per one shot of the turret in arcade mode.
- Min sniping damage — minimum damage dealt to an enemy tank per one shot of the turret in sniping mode.
- Max sniping damage — maximum damage dealt to an enemy tank per one shot of the turret in sniping mode.
- Amount of energy — amount of energy the turret has.
- Energy per shot — amount of energy spent by the turret per shot.
- Consumption — amount of energy spent by the turret per second in sniping mode.
- Reloading — amount of energy points recovered per second.
- Sniping mode delay after shot (sec) — delay right after a shot, before leaving the sniping mode.
- Entering sniping mode (sec) — pause between pressing spacebar abd entering the sniping mode.
- Penetrating power (%) — % of initial damage dealt to a next tank on the line of fire. If there are several tanks standing one behind another, each next tank will be receiving a decreased damage equal to the percent of damage dealt to the previous tank.
- Rotation speed (deg/sec) — maximum speed the turret can turn at.
- Rotation acceleration (deg/sec²) — acceleration of the turret getting to its maximum rotation speed.
- Rotation acceleration in sniping mode (deg/sec²) — acceleration of the turret getting to its maximum rotation speed in sniping mode.
- Auto-aim upwards (deg) — angle of auto-aim if a target is above the turret's horizontal plane.
- Auto-aim downwards (deg) — angle of auto-aim if a target is below the turret's horizontal plane.
- Horizontal aim speed (deg) — speed of horizontal move of the aim in sniping mode.
- Vertical aim speed (deg) — speed of vertical move of the aim in sniping mode.
- Impact force in arcade mode — physical impact of a turret's projectile on enemy tanks when hitting them.
- Impact force in sniping mode — maximum physical impact of a turret's projectile on enemy tanks when hitting them with full charge in sniping mode. The impact force increases linearly from the impact force in arcade mode to its maximum.
- Recoil — physical impact of the turret on itself when shooting.
- Transparent bushes radius min/max (m) — at this range bushes become transparent in sniping mode.
- FOV min/max (deg) — field of view in sniping mode. The field of view changes from min to max when the charge is being accumulated.
- Starting point of turret slowdown — the turret starts slowing down at this point when aiming.
- End point of turret slowdown — the turret stops slowing down at this point when aiming.
|Min damage sniping mode|
|Max damage sniping mode|
|Min damage arcade mode|
|Max damage arcade mode|
|Impact force arcade mode|
|Impact force sniping mode|
|Reload between arcade mode shots (sec)|
|Rotation speed (deg/sec)|
|Rotation acceleration (deg/sec²)|
|Aiming speed horizontal (deg/sec)|
|Aiming speed vertical (deg/sec)|
|Piercing damage (%)|
|Energy consumption charging (/sec)|
|Energy per arcade shot|
|Sniping mode delay after shot (sec)|
|Entering sniping mode (sec)|
|Rotation speed during sniping mode (deg/sec)|
|Auto-aim upward (deg)|
|Auto-aim downward (deg)|
|Transparent bushes radius min (m)|
|Transparent bushes radius max (m)|
|FOV Min. (deg)|
|FOV Max (deg)|
|Starting point of turret slowdown|
|End point of turret slowdown|
|Coefficient of minimum turret slowdown|