How to take a screenshot
Revision as of 05:30, 22 November 2018
Taking a screenshot in Windows
Using Microsoft Paint
1. Enter the game
2. Using the keyboard, make a screenshot by pressing Print Screen (to make a screenshot of the whole screen), or Alt + Print Screen (to make a screenshot of the active window)
3. Open MS Paint (Start → Programs → Accessories → Paint)
4. Press Ctrl + V (or Edit → Paste)
5. Your screenshot will appear in the Paint window. Click File –> Save As... to save the screenshot.
Screenshots in Windows 8 (alternative way)
In Windows 8, you can make screenshots by pressing Win + Print Screen/PRTSC.
This key combo makes a screenshot of the current screen and saves it as a PNG image in the pictures folder by default, i.e. the folder Pictures (C:\Users\user_name\Pictures\Screenshots).
Every file automatically gets a name, like 'Screenshot (1).png', 'Screenshot (2).png', 'Screenshot (3).png', etc.
Taking a screenshot in Mac OS
Basically you do not need any additional software to take a screenshot with the Mac OS. You just need to know several (or at least one) keyboard shortcuts. You can see all of them in the settings of your Mac (System Preferences → Keyboard & Mouse → Keyboard Shortcuts).
1. To capture the entire desktop, press Command-Shift-3. The screenshot will be automatically saved as a PNG file on your desktop.
2. To copy the entire desktop, press Command-Control-Shift-3. The screenshot will be placed on your clipboard for you to paste into another program.
3. To capture a portion of the desktop, press Command-Shift-4. A cross-hair cursor will appear and you can click and drag to select the area you wish to capture. When you release the mouse button, the screenshot will be automatically saved as a PNG file on your desktop.
Taking a screenshot using free screenshot programs
There are also plenty of free programs on the Internet that can help you when taking a screenshot.
One of them is FastStone Capture. To take a screenshot using it, you need to:
1. Download and install FastStone Capture
2. Launch it. You will see a small box up in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
3. Open Tanki Online in your browser
4. Press Print Screen. This will bring up the screenshot in the FastStone software.
Another popular free screenshot tool is Lightshot, which is used by many players.
To take a screenshot using Lightshot, you need to:
1. Download and install Lightshot
2. After you've completed the installation, Lightshot will start running in the background by default.
3. Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard and mark the area you want to screenshot.
4. To save your new screenshot, click Save or use the Ctrl + S shortcut (full Lightshot hotkeys list).
ShareX is another great free screenshot tool, recommended by the eSports administration for all eSports participants. ShareX is by far one of the most advanced screenshot softwares out there.
To use ShareX as your primary screenshot tool, you need to:
1. Download and install ShareX
2. After you've completed the installation, launch ShareX to start it in the background.
3. To take a screenshot, press the Ctrl + Print Screen button on your keyboard and mark the area you want to screenshot, then release the mouse button to complete the screenshot.
4. Your new screenshot will be saved in the ShareX Screenshots folder and will also be displayed in the file dialog (user interface).