|Line 99:||Line 99:|
=====- How do I buy items?=====
=====- How do I buy items?=====
The Garage is the . Items with a grey background are unavailable to you because you do not have the required rank . Click on the icon of an item available to you and then click the "Buy" button to .<br>
=====- How do I upgrade weapons?=====
=====- How do I upgrade weapons?=====
Revision as of 15:51, 4 December 2015
- 1 Entering the game
- 1.1 - Why does the game take so long to load? I keep waiting, but nothing happens.
- 1.2 - I don’t see the startup webpage, why? (or – "I only see a black screen, why?")
- 1.3 - Why do I need to submit my e-mail address?
- 1.4 - Why should I read the license agreement?
- 1.5 - Why do I need to know the rules of the game?
- 1.6 - How can I play Tanki Online using Flash Player? What difficulties might I encounter?
- 2 Starting to play
- 3 Combat
- 3.1 - How do I use supplies?
- 3.2 - How long does the effect of a supply last??
- 3.3 - Can I go to the garage during the battle and then return without losing the points earned in the current battle?
- 3.4 - What can I do if my tank flips over and is lying on its side or back?
- 3.5 - What are the battle modes?
- 3.6 - What is a private battle?
- 4 Career
- 5 Garage
Entering the game
- Why does the game take so long to load? I keep waiting, but nothing happens.
When you start the game for the first time you will need to wait because the game needs to download the core game files, which are about 10MB in size. Meanwhile, you might want make yourself a cup of tea or coffee or grab something to eat to keep you company during your upcoming battles. After the download is completed, these files will remain on your computer (in the cache), making future load time much shorter. We also suggest that you increase the cache size of your browser to 200MB. This will allow the browser to store the downloaded files (textures, models, sounds) on your computer which can improve performance.
- I don’t see the startup webpage, why? (or – "I only see a black screen, why?")
Most likely, you need to install the latest version of Flash player, or you might have a problem with your internet connection (e.g. closed ports). Please see the Troubleshooting section of this FAQ.
- Why do I need to submit my e-mail address?
If you like Tanki Online and would like to save your game progress, your e-mail address is very important. It will help you recover you password if you lose it, or recover your account and all saved progress in case of a server crash. You will also receive important information related to the game, confirmation of account registration, newsletters, etc.
- Why should I read the license agreement?
The license agreement is a contract on the transfer of rights to use licenses, know-how, trademarks, technical expertise and services. Any use of the game and its individual objects means that you are aware of the agreement, agree with it, and unconditionally accept all of its terms. In order to be fully aware of your rights and the rights of the owners of the game, we recommend you read the License agreement before entering the game.
- Why do I need to know the rules of the game?
Tanki Online isn't just an exciting game, it's a community of people with common interests. When communicating, we welcome mutual respect and courtesy and do not approve of behaviour that violates the rights of other users or insults them. Tanki Online Administration reserves the right to restrict a user's access to communication channels in the game and all its social media and forums, lower their score, or even block their accounts in case they break these rules.
You may find the rules of the game here.
- How can I play Tanki Online using Flash Player? What difficulties might I encounter?
Starting to play
- Where to start?
After registering an account in the game, you will enter the Lobby. Here you can choose to join a battle or create one yourself, enter the Garage to purchase items and upgrade your equipment, or just communicate with other players using the chat feature.
You can find more information this here.
The "Play" button is inactive either because that particular battle is full, or because you do not meet the rank requirements for it.
- What are the rank limits?
Every battle is set to be available to a specific range of ranks. This is set by the person creating the battle. Unavailable battles are marked in grey. This helps create battles with players of similar ranks, making for a balanced and fair game experience. However, there are still many battles that are made available to a very wide range of ranks. So be careful and study the rank requirements for a battle before entering it.
You can find more information on rank limits here.
- Arrows keys or W,A,S,D - Tank movement.
- Z and X or < and > - Turret rotation.
- Spacebar - Shoot.
- How do I use supplies?
Supplies temporarily improve certain parameters of your tank. They are available for purchase in the Garage and can be activated by pressing 1,2,3,4,5 on your keyboard.
- How long does the effect of a supply last??
The First Aid (Repair Kit) restores a tank’s health points at 30 HP/s. It requires some time to recharge, so you will be unable to use this ability repeatedly in combat. The effect of the other power-ups purchased in the garage lasts 1 minute. The effect of power-ups picked up on the battle field lasts 40 seconds.
- Can I go to the garage during the battle and then return without losing the points earned in the current battle?
Yes you can. You may go to the garage to buy additional supplies or even change equipment. If you change your equipment, your tank will have to self-destruct to apply the necessary changes. However, none of your points will be lost.
- What can I do if my tank flips over and is lying on its side or back?
You have two options. If the tank is lying on its side and has a weapon with a recoil effect such as (Smoky or Railgun), you can try rotating the turret and shooting the ground. If that doesn’t help, you can try asking your team mates to flip you over. If not even they can help you, press the Delete key to self-destruct (this takes a few seconds). If your tank is equipped with a light hull and a Smoky, you can decrease your chances of turning over when jumping off the ledges. Just shoot in the direction your tank is flipping while in mid air.
- What are the battle modes?
There are four game modes:
- Deathmatch – free-for-all matches. In this mode you are battling against all the other players. The goal is to get the highest number of kills.
- Team Deathmatch — like Deathmatch, but between competing team. The primary objective of this game mode is to kill as many players from the opposing team as possible.
- Capture the Flag — The objective is to capture the enemy flag, carry it out of enemy territory and bring it back to your base.
- Control Points — teams competing for dominance over specific points in the map. Every team has to capture as many points as possible, and get the highest score (possession of a control point gives the team 1 point every 10 seconds).
You can find detailed descriptions of all four battle modes here.
- What is a private battle?
You can create a private battle by selecting “Private Battle” in the “Create Battle” window and pressing the “Start” button. You will see the “Battle Info” window where you can copy the link to your battle and send it to those players whom you would like to play with. Private battles are not shown in the general battle list.
- What are ranks for?
- How many tanks do I need to destroy to reach the next rank?
The game utilizes a score system which determines your career progress. Each kill awards 10 points, no matter what rank your opponent is. In the top left hand corner of the screen there is a sign which represents your current rank. There is also a bar with two numbers inside separated by a slash. The left-hand number shows the number of points you have earned to date, while the right-hand number indicates the points needed to reach the next rank.
- How do I buy items?
The Garage is divided in six sections that contain all the existing items in the Game: «Turrets», «Turrets», «Turrets», «Turrets», «Turrets», «Turrets». Items with a grey background are unavailable to you because you do not have the required rank while items with a green background are available to you since you have the required rank, but you did not buy them yet. Items with a light green background are the items you already bought and that are part of your Garage. Click on the icon of an item available to you and then click the "Buy" button to add it to your Garage.
- How do I upgrade weapons?
There are 2 buttons under the description of each turret and hull (unless they are at M3 level). These are "Upgrade" and "Buy M0"/"Buy M1"/"Buy M2"/"Buy M3". The first one is used for upgrading your current turret or hull. The second one is used for purchasing new modifications for an item.
- What are paints? What do they add to my tank?
Paints are special coatings that provide your tank with protection from certain types of weapons. They can be purchased in Shop.
You can find the full list of paints as well as their descriptions and protections here.
- Where can I see detailed information about statistics and prices for weapons and hulls?
- How do I sell unnecessary things in Garage?
You cannot sell items. Items you purchased will stay in your Garage forever. Spend your crystals wisely. This encyclopaedia should help you make the right choices and prevent you from buying unnecessary things.