"Ow! That's hot!" you say. "And it's destroying my tank!" That's right: you're on fire. This article details how to put yourself out and set your enemies aflame.
Burning is a Status Effect applied by certain specialized pieces of equipment. When a tank is on fire, this happens:
- The tank takes 300 damage per second
- The tank will cool off at a rate of 10% max temperature per second, for a maximum burning time of 10 seconds.
- As the tank is back to normal temperature on the 10th second, it does not take any additional damage. In other words, though the tank can be above normal temperature for 10 seconds, the maximum number of fire damage ticks is 9, dealing 2700 damage to an unprotected tank.
- Freezing effects are removed.
Some important things to note:
- The damage dealt by burning is not increased by double damage or extra damage .
- The damage is reduced by double armorand extra armor
- The damage dealt is reduced (up to 5%, or 10% for Brutus) if the burning tank is using a drone, but not increased by the attacker using a drone.
- Using a repair kit will put the fire out and repair the tank most of the time, but if a damage tick from burning occurs immediately after activation (before the kit has had time to remove the effect), the kit's healing will be stopped.
- Firebird protection modules do not reduce damage from burning.
- Shooting anyone with freeze (including a teammate) will put out their fire, and shooting anyone with a firebird will relieve their Freezing.
- Burning tanks will have this symbol above them: If you are burning, or are the one starting the fire, you will also see the text Burning briefly appear above the affected tanks.
- The Juggernaut is immune to all negative status effects.
- Immediately after spawning, all tanks are immune to negative status effects.
There are also two hull augments that protect against burning:
|Partially protects your tank from the damage and effect of heat, making it harder to burn. Does not affect direct damage from Firebird.||Overheat effect resistance: 50%|
|Makes your tank immune to heat damage, such as that inflicted by Vulcan's overheating, or the persistent burn after-effect from Firebird. However, Firebird will still be able to deal direct damage to your tank.||Overheat effect resistance: 100%|
If you attempt to Burn an immune tank, you will see the word Immunity briefly appear above them. There is no indicator for heat resistance.
What can Burn a Tank?
Firebird is the only turret capable of setting tanks on fire with no additional augment. In addition to dealing regular damage, it increases the Temperature of tanks, at a rate of by 20% per second at Mk1 to 50% per second at Mk7+.
- Shooting a frozen tank (even a teammate) with firebird will unfreeze it. If it's an enemy, they must be unfrozen before they begin taking burning damage.
- There are two augments for firebird that affect its burning effect. Note that the Adrenaline augment is not on this list, as it does not increase burning damage.
|Compact fuel tanks
|Especially for the fans of the "put it on fire and roll away" tactic: fast increase in temperature and burning time due to the increased rate of fuel consumption.||
Maximum temperature limit: +100%
|Thermite mixture will burn through tank armor, dealing increased damage, but without igniting the target. No heating effect.||
- In addition to stunning nearby tanks, Hopper's Detonation Jump sets all enemies within 20 meters on fire for 9 seconds.
- Along with a short Stun and EMP, enemies that survive the blast will have to contend with 10 full seconds of burning: wasp's bomb sets the temperature of all enemies within its range to the max.
This machine gun can shoot indefinitely, but after a few seconds, the user will self-inflict burning damage. Their temperature will increase at a rate of 30% per second at Mk1 to 50% per second at Mk7+ until they stop firing.
Additionally, there are currently four turret augments that allow turrets other than firebird to set tanks on fire. Epic augments can be obtained in Containers or Ultra Containers at the Epic or legendary rarity, or purchased for crystals .
|Features pellets by the striking name of «Dragon's Breath» that ignite enemy tanks on critical damage shots. Takes more time to reload in order to meet fire protection requirements.||
Critical hits ignite the target: +9% per pellet
|Replacement for the standard cumulative shots with rounds filled with an incendiary compound. Critical hits deal regular damage, but also ignite the target.||
Critical hits ignite the target: +50%
|Modification for the fans of showering enemies with bullet fire, non-stop. While overheating from continuous fire, these rounds will ignite and put the target on fire.||
Shots ignite the target
|Literally heats shells inside the barrel before shooting. Critical rounds set fire to the target.||