Burning is a Status Effect applied by certain specialized pieces of equipment. When a tank is on fire, this happens:
- The tank takes 300 damage per second
- The tank will cool off at a rate of 10% max temperature per second, for a maximum burning time of 10 seconds.
- Freezing effects are removed.
Some important things to note:
- The damage dealt by burning is not increased by double damage or extra damage .
- The damage is reduced by double armorand extra armor
- The damage dealt is reduced (up tp 5%, or 10% for Brutus) if the burning tank is using a drone, but not increased by the attacker using a drone.
- Using a repair kit will put the fire out and repair the tank most of the time, but if a damage tick from burning occurs immediately after activation (before the kit has had time to remove the effect), the kit's healing will be stopped.
- Firebird protection modules do not reduce damage from burning.
- Shooting anyone with freeze (including a teammate) will put out their fire, and shooting anyone with firebird will relieve their Freezing.
- Burning tanks will have this symbol above them: If you are burning, or are the one starting the fire, you will also see the text Burning briefly appear above the affected tanks.
- The Juggernaut is immune to all negative status effects.
There are also two hull augments that protect against burning:
|Partially protects your tank from the damage and effect of heat, making it harder to burn. Does not affect direct damage from Firebird.||Overheat effect resistance: 50%|
|Makes your tank immune to heat damage, such as that inflicted by Vulcan's overheating, or the persistent burn after-effect from Firebird. However, Firebird will still be able to deal direct damage to your tank.||Overheat effect resistance: 100%|
If you attempt Burn an immune tank, you will see the word Immunity briefly appear above them. There is no indicator for heat resistance.
What can Burn a Tank?
Firebird is the only turret capable of setting tanks on fire with no additional augment. In addition to dealing regular damage, it increases the Temperature of tanks, at a rate of by 20% per second at Mk1 to 50% per second at Mk7+.
- Shooting a frozen tank (even a teammate) with firebird will unfreeze it. If it's an enemy, they must be unfrozen before they begin taking burning damage.
- There are two augments for firebird that affect its burning effect. Note that the Adrenaline augment is not on this list, as it does not increase burning damage.
|Compact fuel tanks
|Especially for the fans of the "put it on fire and roll away" tactic: fast increase in temperature and burning time due to the increased rate of fuel consumption.||
Maximum temperature limit: +100%
|Thermite mixture will burn through tank armor, dealing increased damage, but without igniting the target. No heating effect.||
- In addition to stunning nearby tanks, Hopper's Detonation Jump sets all enemies within 20 meters for on fire for 9 seconds.
This machine gun can shoot indefinitely, but after a few seconds, the user will self-inflict burning damage. Their temperature will increase at a rate of by 30% per second at Mk1 to 50% per second at Mk7+ un til they stop firing.
Additionally, there are currently 4 turret augments that allow turrets other than firebird to set tanks on fire. Epic augments can be obtained in Containers or Ultra Containers at the Epic rarity, or purchased for crystals. Exotic augments can be only be obtained in Ultra Containers at the Exotic Rarity.
|Features pellets by the striking name of «Dragon's Breath» that ignite enemy tanks on critical damage shots. Takes more time to reload in order to meet fire protection requirements.||
Hitting an enemy with a critical shot ignites it: +9% of max temp. per pellet
|Replacement for the standard cumulative shots with rounds filled with an incendiary compound. Critical hits deal regular damage, but also ignite the target.||
Critical hits ignite the target: +50% of max temp
|Modification for the fans of showering enemies with bullet fire, non-stop. While overheating from continuous fire, these rounds will ignite and put the target on fire.||
Shots ignite the target
|Literally heats shells inside the barrel before shooting. Critical rounds set fire to the target.||Regular Damage: +40% |
Critical damage: -20%
Max tanks set on fire: 2
Shot warmup time: +20%
Start critical hit chance: =33%
Consecutive critical chance: =0%
Max critical hit chance: =33%