In the midst of battle, your armor and protective modules are the only things keeping you alive. But every once in a while, you see the dreaded purple indicator telling you that they won't be keeping you alive much longer. You've been Armor-Pierced. If you want to learn more about this effect, you've come to the right place.
AP is a Status Effect applied by certain specialized pieces of equipment. When a tank is Armor-Pierced, three things happen:
- All supplies stay active, but boosted armor and extra armor no longer reduce incoming damage
- Protection Modules no longer reduce incoming damage.
- Titan's Overdrive no longer reduces incoming damage
Some important things to note:
- Tanks that do not receive the effect will still be protected under Titan's dome
- Armor-Pierced tanks will have this symbol above them: If you were the one that was armor-pierced or did the armor-piercing, you will also see the text Armor is Destroyed briefly appear above the affected tanks.
- The Juggernaut is immune to all negative status effects.
- Immediately after spawning, all tanks are immune to negative status effects.
Armor-Piercing also does not affect tanks wearing the AP Immunity hull augment, which can be purchased for 4990 (or less, during a sale), or obtained from a Container or Ultra Container, with Epic rarity level.
|This augment completely saves you from armor-piercing status effect. Any tank with this augment won't lose its armor received from modules, supplies, and other sources after the armor-piercing status effect is applied.||AP effect resistance: 100%|
If you attempt Armor-Pierce an immune enemy, you will see the word Immunity briefly appear above their tank.
What can Destroy a Tank's Armor?
- In addition to revealing the locations and health bars to all teammates, Hornet's Overdrive applies a 10-second AP effect to all visible tanks within 50 meters.
- In addition to damaging and Freezing a group of tanks, Crusader's Icicle applies the AP effect to enemies within 10 meters of the explosion for 3 seconds.
Additionally, there are currently 9 turret augments that can inflict AP, which can be obtained in Ultra Containers at the Legendary Rarity.
|Swaps the cooling agent with toxic mixture. Damage is decreased, but an opponent affected by the mix cannot use armor for some time.||AP duration: 1s |
Regular Damage: -45%
Freezing Rate: -50%
|A perfect farewell gift. The last shot in the clip destroys the armor of any tank which was hit.||AP duration after last shot: 7s|
Super-smart Minus Field
|It is not certain how this super-smart minus-field is smarter with this augment, but after ricocheting, rounds pierce the enemy's armor, leaving no chance of survival.||AP duration after ricochet shot: 2s|
|Replaces common rounds with armor-piercing ones. Critical damage is decreased, but an opponent becomes armorless against the next shots.||AP duration: 3s |
Critical damage: -25%
|The perfect augment for bounty hunters who want to destroy one very powerful target. Only one fast-targeting armor piercing rocket per launch. Any tank hit by this rocket will not be able to use armor for some time.||AP duration: 5s |
Aiming time: -50%
Rockets in salvo: -3
Super Armor-Piercing Rounds
|It is not enough to just pierce an enemy tank's armor — the enemy should remember this forever. Special rounds destroy armor for some time, long enough for one more fatal shot. Piercing the armor of multiple tanks in a row applies the AP effect to all of them.||AP duration: 7s |
Critical Damage: -20%
Consecutive critical chance: =0%
|Fougasse projectiles have an ultra-dense armor-piercing core. A direct hit destroys the target's armor. Doesn't affect other targets in splash damage radius.||AP duration on direct hit: 7s|
|The special projectile's polarization destroys the target's armor.||AP duration: 5s |
AP Radius: 10m
Reload after salvo -50%
Salvo damage -25%
|Special sight which lets you destroy a target's armor with any sniper mode shot. Makes the next shot at the target very sensitive or maybe even fatal.||AP duration after sniper shot: 5s|