The classical light tank, Wasp has been around since the game began. Its weak armor is fully compensated by its great speed, coupled with a compact size that leads many tankers to draw parallels between Wasp and a typical RC car. This speed, while uncontested, can be a double-edged sword when you're making a desperate getaway: one false keystroke or poorly-driven ramp can bowl the tank sideways. On another note, Wasp is one of the three hulls that does not have a central turret, making peeking from behind buildings a much less risky task, but leaving the hull more unstable if you're utilizing a weapon with recoil. In a nutshell, if you've simply gotta go fast with no strings attached, then look no further than Wasp.
Description in Garage
Light hull. It has the fastest maximum speed. Overdrive plants a bomb with a timer.
A small light hull, “Wasp” can look dismissable only to beginners. Small size and high speed grant true freedom on the battlefield, but its speed and maneuverability are a pleasant extra benefit. From the structure of the hull, all of the unnecessary parts were removed, including armor, to allow the installation of the incredibly powerful N2-bomb. This tool for opening up any defense is actually a tiny thermonuclear round, which can be dropped without losing speed and enabling the tanker to quickly ditch the future hot spot. Extraordinary fireworks are always better observed from a nearby cover.
- Protection (hp) — tank's health. Damage dealt by a turret is subtracted from a tank's protection. Once the protection gets to zero, the tank explodes.
- Top speed (m/sec) — maximum speed the tank can get to on a straight.
- Lateral acceleration (m/sec²) — responsible for damping of lateral speed. The less this parameter is, the easier the tank can drift. The higher it is, the more difficult it is for a tank to move sideways.
- Turning speed (deg/sec) — the maximum speed at which the tank can turn.
- Turning acceleration (deg/sec²) — affects the time it takes a tank to get to its maximum turning speed.
- Anti-inertial turning acceleration (deg/sec²) — works like reverse acceleration but for left-right turns instead of moving forward/backward.
- Weight — affects tank's stability, i.e. impact force of hits, the recoil of its own turret, and partly, ability to move other tanks (this parameter does not affect tank's speed).
- Power (m/sec²) — affects the time it takes a hull to get to its maximum speed and ability to push other tanks.
- Acceleration (m/sec²) — the time it takes for the hull to build to top speed.
- Reverse acceleration (m/sec²) — anti-inertial acceleration that comes into force when a tank is moving in one direction and a player presses the button of moving to another direction. It works until speed gets to zero. After that, the usual acceleration starts working.
- Nitro acceleration (m/sec²) — the time it takes a hull to get to its maximum speed when the speed boost is activated.
- Overdrive charge per battle point (%) — the percentage by which the overdrive charges per battle point received.
- Overdrive charge per second (%) — the percentage by which the overdrive charges per second played.
- Heat resistance (%) — the percentage of heat resistance the hull withstands.
- Freeze resistance (%) — the percentage of freeze resistance the hull withstands.
- EMP resistance (%) — the percentage of emp resistance the hull withstands.
- Stun resistance (%) — the percentage of stun resistance the hull withstands.
- AP resistance (%) — the percentage of ap resistance the hull withstands.
N2-Bomb - name of wasp's overdrive.
|Wasp Standard||Wasp XT|
- Wasp is currently the fastest hull in the game - but it wasn't always the fastest! Before Update #114, Hornet was actually quicker than Wasp in terms of top speed.
- Since Wasp has the lightest weight, it is the best hull for parkour; that is if you want to go higher up.
- On September 10, 2015, Wasp XT was added into the game - which could be obtained by completing a specific Daily Mission or by purchasing it in the Garage for 500 000 crystals whilst having a Premium Account. This version of Wasp differed from its original counterpart only by looks, and not by any extra or higher statistics.