The classical light tank, Wasp has been around since the game began. Its weak armour is fully compensated by its great speed and agility, coupled with a compact size that lead many tankers to draw parallels between Wasp and a typical RC car. This speed, while uncontested, can be a double-edged sword when you're making a desperate getaway, where one false keystroke can bowl the tank sideways. On another note, Wasp is one of the three hulls that does not have a centered turret, making peeking from behind buildings a much less risky task, but leaving the hull more unstable if you're utilizing a weapon with recoil. In a nutshell, if you've simply gotta go fast with no strings attached, then look no further than Wasp.
Description in Garage
Fast, with negligible armor. Its high speed and maneuverability take skill to control, but allow it to perform well on cramped maps. Great with short-range guns.
|Top speed (m/sec)|
|Lateral acceleration (m/s²)|
|Turning speed (deg/s)|
|Turning acceleration (deg/s²)|
|Anti-inertial turning acceleration (deg/s²)|
|Reverse acceleration (m/s²)|
- Protection (hp) — tank's health. Damage dealt by a turret is subtracted from a tank's protection. Once the protection gets to zero, the tank explodes.
- Top speed (m/sec) — maximum speed the tank can get to on a straight.
- Lateral acceleration (m/sec²) — responsible for damping of lateral speed. The less this parameter is, the easier tank can drift. The higher it is, the more difficult it is for a tank to move sideways.
- Turning speed (deg/sec) — the maximum speed at which the tank can turn.
- Turning acceleration (deg/sec²) — affects the time it takes a tank to get to its maximum turning speed.
- Anti-inertial turning acceleration (deg/sec²) — works like reverse acceleration but for left-right turns instead of moving forward/backwards.
- Weight — affects tank's stability, i.e. impact force of hits, recoil of its own turret, and partly, ability to move other tanks (this parameter does not affect tank's speed).
- Power (m/sec²) — affects the time it takes a tank to get to its maximum speed and ability to push other tanks.
- Reverse acceleration (m/sec²) — anti-inertial acceleration that comes into force when a tank is moving in one direction and a player presses the button of moving to other direction. It works until speed gets to zero. After that, usual acceleration starts working.
- Wasp is currently the fastest hull in the game - but it wasn't always the fastest! Before Update #114, Hornet was actually quicker than Wasp in terms of top speed.
- Since Wasp has the lightest weight, it is the best hull for parkour; that is, if you want to go higher up.
- On September 10, 2015, Wasp XT was added into the game - which could be obtained by completing a specific Daily Mission or by purchasing it in the Garage for 500 000 crystals whilst having a Premium Account. This version of Wasp differed from its original counterpart only by looks, and not by any extra or higher statistics.