Vulcan is Tanki Online's first installment of a truly shell based, fully-automatic machine gun. As such, it can fire a stream of small bullets for a virtually indefinite amount of time, dealing damage effectively at medium and long ranges. However, this indefinite fire rate has a significant drawback: after a certain amount of time that the barrels are kept spinning, the weapon will begin to cause the entire tank to overheat, taking cumulative damage parallel to that of Firebird's lasting burn effect. Vulcan also features a one-of-a-kind gyroscopic fixation, keeping the turret firing in the same direction regardless of the hull's movement. This makes it an excellent suppressing weapon in that its aim cannot be compromised unless the user changes it.
Description in Garage
If your intention is to turn your enemy into a colander, this is the perfect turret for you. With its six medium-caliber barrels and robotized stabilization system, this turret spits out an unlimited amount of armor-piercing bullets at incredibly high speed. Its insane firing rate can even overheat and damage the whole tank if not closely monitored. This doesn't mean you have to stop firing when that happens. In such cases, a teammate with Freeze or Isida will be able to cool your tank down so you can keep dishing out punishment. Additionally, due to the high firing rate, gyroscope stabilizers are required to prevent the barrels from locking up. This has the unfortunate disadvantage of slowing down the turret's horizontal rotation speed, however it works great for keeping the turret on target when another tank is trying to knock off his aim.
|Price of Modification|
|Maximum overheat temperature (temp)|
|Overheat resistance (sec)|
|Rotation speed (deg/sec)|
|Rotation acceleration (deg/sec²)|
|Range of max damage (m)|
|Range of min damage (m)|
|Barrel startup (sec)|
|Barrel slowdown (sec)|
|Weak damage (%)|
|Turret slowdown rate (%)|
|Auto-aim upward (deg)|
|Auto-aim downward (deg)|
- Damage (HP/sec) — The amount of damage dealt to an enemy tank per second.
- Maximum overheat temperature (temp) — The maximum temperature a Vulcan's tank can heat up to if they continuously fire.
- Impact force — The physical impact of a turret's projectile on enemy tanks upon contacting them.
- Recoil — The physical impact of the turret upon its own tank when shooting.
- Overheat resistance — The time in seconds that Vulcan can continuously fire without suffering from overheat.
- Rotation speed (deg/sec) — This is the maximum speed that the turret can rotate at.
- Rotation acceleration (deg/sec²) — The acceleration of the turret reaching its maximum rotation speed.
- Range of max damage (m) — The distance at which the turret deals its full damage. If the distance is greater than the max damage range, the damage constantly decreases until a tank passes the minimum damage range.
- Range of min damage (m) — The distance at which the turret's damage stops decreasing. If the distance to the target is greater, damage will be dealt according to weak damage parameter.
- Self-heating (temp/sec) — The linear rate at which Vulcan's tank will begin to overheat after expending its overheat resistance.
- Barrel startup (sec) — The required charge time in seconds to initiate all firing mechanisms. Once this time has passed, Vulcan will begin firing.
- Barrel slowdown (sec) — The required cooldown time in seconds for all firing mechanisms to deactivate after the user has ceased fire. Vulcan cannot be reinitiated during this time.
- Weak damage (%) — The percentage of normal damage dealt to an enemy at distances larger than minimum damage range.
- Turret slowdown rate (%) — The decrease percentage-wise in Vulcan's rotation speed while firing.
- Auto-aim upwards (deg) — The angle range that auto-aim will effect if a target is above the turret's horizontal plane.
- Auto-aim downwards (deg) — The angle range that auto-aim will effect if a target is below the turret's horizontal plane.