Vulcan is Tanki Online's first installment of a true shell-based, fully-automatic machine gun. As such, it can fire a stream of small bullets for a virtually indefinite amount of time, dealing with damage effectively at medium and long ranges. However, this indefinite fire rate has a significant drawback: after a certain amount of time that the barrels are kept spinning, the weapon will begin to cause the entire tank to overheat, taking cumulative damage parallel to that of Firebird's lasting burn effect. Vulcan also features a one-of-a-kind gyroscopic fixation, keeping the turret firing in the same direction regardless of the hull's movement. This makes it an excellent suppressing weapon in that its aim cannot be compromised unless the user changes it.
Description in Garage
Anti-tank machine gun with medium range. Six barrels allow incredibly fast rapid fire. After prolonged use will overheat and light itself on fire.
Tank turrets are cool, but sometimes, you want to shred the enemy into tiny pieces, without thinking about such tactical nuances as reloading. This turret right here is the solution to all of your problems. A stack of six barrels, unbelievable firing speed and automated stabilizing system with armor-piercing rounds. Unlimited armor-piercing rounds. So many rounds, that during the barrage not only your barrels can overheat, but your whole tank. You might want to continue shooting, but that might lead to your tank catching on fire, which is fun. But you can also ask your allies for help, since Freeze can cool you down, and you won’t have to stop the madness. High firing speed has its drawbacks in precision controls. Hydroscopic stabilizers will slow down the turning speed while firing, to prevent the turret from locking up. In any case, all of these small details shouldn’t distract you from splitting enemies in half.
|Price of Modification|
|Sum damage before overheat (HP)|
|Damage after overheat (HP/sec)|
|Maximum overheat temperature (temp)|
|Overheat resistance (sec)|
|Rotation speed (deg/sec)|
|Rotation acceleration (deg/sec²)|
|Range of max damage (m)|
|Range of min damage (m)|
|Damage after overheat (%)|
|Barrel startup (sec)|
|Barrel slowdown (sec)|
|Weak damage (%)|
|Turret slowdown rate (%)|
|Auto-aim upward (deg)|
|Auto-aim downward (deg)|
- Damage (HP/sec) — The amount of damage dealt to an enemy tank per second.
- Maximum overheat temperature (temp) — The maximum temperature a Vulcan's tank can heat up to if they continuously fire.
- Impact force — The physical impact of a turret's projectile on enemy tanks upon contacting them.
- Recoil — The physical impact of the turret upon its own tank when shooting.
- Overheat resistance — The time in seconds that Vulcan can continuously fire without suffering from overheat.
- Rotation speed (deg/sec) — This is the maximum speed that the turret can rotate at.
- Rotation acceleration (deg/sec²) — The acceleration of the turret reaching its maximum rotation speed.
- Range of max damage (m) — The distance at which the turret deals its full damage. If the distance is greater than the max damage range, the damage constantly decreases until a tank passes the minimum damage range.
- Range of min damage (m) — The distance at which the turret's damage stops decreasing. If the distance to the target is greater, damage will be dealt according to weak damage parameter.
- Self-heating (temp/sec) — The linear rate at which Vulcan's tank will begin to overheat after expending its overheat resistance.
- Barrel startup (sec) — The required charge time in seconds to initiate all firing mechanisms. Once this time has passed, Vulcan will begin firing.
- Barrel slowdown (sec) — The required cooldown time in seconds for all firing mechanisms to deactivate after the user has ceased fire. Vulcan cannot be reinitiated during this time.
- Weak damage (%) — The percentage of normal damage dealt to an enemy at distances larger than minimum damage range.
- Turret slowdown rate (%) — The decrease percentage-wise in Vulcan's rotation speed while firing.
- Auto-aim upwards (deg) — The angle range that auto-aim will effect if a target is above the turret's horizontal plane.
- Auto-aim downwards (deg) — The angle range that auto-aim will effect if a target is below the turret's horizontal plane.
Protection Module and Icon
Shark - name of the module that protects against Vulcan.
|Vulcan XT||Vulcan Prime||Vulcan Ultra|
- Vulcan is named after the Roman god of fire, including the fire of volcanoes and metalworking. This is also the reason why most of the kits that contain Vulcan are actually the names of real-life volcanoes!
- Vulcan was added into the game on February 6, 2015 along with a load of new paints offering protections against the very turret.
- On January 23, 2015, Semyon Strizhak (Opex-Rah) jokingly promised that the Vulcan turret will never be named as 'Vulcan', otherwise he'd grow two extra fingers on his hands. A little while later, Semyon said:
I couldn't come up with anything more interesting than making a joke on this topic.
|— Semyon Strizhak|
- On December 25, 2015, Vulcan XT was added into the game - which could be obtained by completing a specific Daily Mission or by purchasing it in the Garage for 500 000 crystals whilst having a Premium Account. This version of Vulcan differed from its original counterpart only by looks, and not by any extra or higher statistics.