Voice communication enables you to actually talk to other players in the game. It can be useful since all you have to do is talk - no pausing the game and typing in the chat to communicate with other players in a battle. Voice communication is commonly used by players in battle groups and clans participating in eSports activities. You can use voice communication with your friends to help coordinate an attack, plan an eSports activity, or just talk about yourselves! Unfortunately, Tanki Online doesn't yet have a voice communication system built inside the game. So you need to use a 3rd-party software for voice communication.
Below are some of the popular voice communication programs and details on how to install them, their features, etc.
|Discord - a voice and text chat application, similar to Skype, which is available for both computers and mobile devices. The main functions of the program are free. |
You can download the program from the official site or even use it from within your browser on the aforementioned site.
- Does not overload the CPU of your computer and does not affect FPS.
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Protection against DDoS attacks/attempts to find out your IP address.
- Video calling and screen sharing is available.
- You can adjust the volume of each interlocutor, participate in a conversation for up to 10 people; push-notifications are included.
- Support for multiple servers, creating a server is free, the creation of a set of separate voice and text chat with minimal load on system resources and much more.
- 1.2 GHz or faster processor.
- RAM: 256 MB or more.
- Free hard drive space: at least 182 MB.
- Any sound card compatible with the system.
- Operating system: Windows 7 and higher, Mac OS X, Linux, Android / iOS.
Installation and Use
- Download and install the program or use it from within your browser without downloading from the official site.
- Create an account, make your own server or join an existing one.
There is a step-by-step guide to installing, configuring and using Discord; the guide can be found here.
|TeamSpeak is a well-known program for voice communication with other users around the world. It has many advanced features such as a customizable interface and external controllers support.|
Download the appropriate version for your operating system from the official site.
- Creating your own servers (a paid service), customized division of servers into channels, rooms, wide possibilities for setting up user rights and user roles.
- Sound settings: microphone and headphone volume, echo and other extraneous sounds; personal adjustment of each user's volume for themselves; various microphone activation modes: by button, by voice, constant mode.
- Text chat server, channels, personal conversations between users.
- Ability to record the conversations and save them onto your computer.
- Windows XP or higher, 32/64-bit versions
- Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, Intel 32/64-bit processor
- Any Linux distribution with libstdc ++ 6, 32/64-bit versions
- Processor supporting SSE2 instructions
- RAM: recommended at least 1 GB
- Hard drive space: 60-100 MB
- Headset or microphone with speakers
How to Use
- Download and install the program from the official site.
- Launch TeamSpeak.
- If necessary, go to your computer's settings (Tools → Options) and check permissions for TeamSpeak to be operated, and sound settings.
- In the "Connection" menu inside the TeamSpeak application, select "Connect" or press the keys Ctrl+ S simultaneously instead. This window will appear:
- In this window, enter the server address, your TeamSpeak name (it does not need to match your nickname in the game, use any name), password (if necessary). If you use TeamSpeak for voice communication in a team, the team leader or the person responsible for the server should give you the address and password.
- Click "Connect". If everything went fine, you will be taken to the server.</i>
TeamSpeak can be a little complicated to install and start using. Because of this, you may want to read these detailed guides on how to setup and start using this program.