A close relative of Hunter, Viking is a similarly popular variant of the medium selection. Being fairly inexpensive and quick to access (spare the Mk5 modification), Viking is a reliable asset of the average tanker's garage, and using it pays off. Almost impossible to flip thanks to its wide shape, low profile, and centered turret, this hull is the epitome of stability. It has the speed to outrun other medium hulls and comes close to keeping up with some light ones while retaining the armor to brazenly charge into enemies. While it's not exactly built for racing Wasps or facing off Mammoths, a smart Viking user can outlast most enemies by circling through obstacles and other tanks while maintaining a good shot at their enemy with their centered turret.
Description in Garage
Medium hull. It has the fastest speed among all medium hulls. Overdrive greatly increases the damage of its turret, thanks to the increased rate of fire.
This hull encompasses all of the latest military technologies combined in a single piece of engineering art. Enhanced armor and a second-generation tracks system make this hull an outstanding universal tank. The hull can be used for any type of battle missions -- from a strategic defense to a full-frontal assault. Named after the legendary warriors of the North, “Viking” is the most fearsome after overdrive activation. Supercharged weapon system will greatly increase the firing speed of any turret installed on the hull, swiping enemies off the battle with incredible ease. The best use of its superpower is to launch a surprise attack, since firing on all cylinders Viking quickly becomes the primary target for enemy snipers. That’s fair, considering true warriors always face death heads on.
- Protection (hp) — tank's health. Damage dealt by a turret is subtracted from a tank's protection. Once the protection gets to zero, the tank explodes.
- Top speed (m/sec) — maximum speed the tank can get to on a straight.
- Lateral acceleration (m/sec²) — responsible for damping of lateral speed. The less this parameter is, the easier the tank can drift. The higher it is, the more difficult it is for a tank to move sideways.
- Turning speed (deg/sec) — the maximum speed at which the tank can turn.
- Turning acceleration (deg/sec²) — affects the time it takes a tank to get to its maximum turning speed.
- Anti-inertial turning acceleration (deg/sec²) — works like reverse acceleration but for left-right turns instead of moving forward/backward.
- Weight — affects tank's stability, i.e. impact force of hits, the recoil of its own turret, and partly, ability to move other tanks (this parameter does not affect tank's speed).
- Power (m/sec²) — affects the time it takes a hull to get to its maximum speed and ability to push other tanks.
- Acceleration (m/sec²) — the time it takes for the hull to build to top speed.
- Reverse acceleration (m/sec²) — anti-inertial acceleration that comes into force when a tank is moving in one direction and a player presses the button of moving to another direction. It works until speed gets to zero. After that, the usual acceleration starts working.
- Nitro acceleration (m/sec²) — the time it takes a hull to get to its maximum speed when the speed boost is activated.
- Overdrive charge per battle point (%) — the percentage by which the overdrive charges per battle point received.
- Overdrive charge per second (%) — the percentage by which the overdrive charges per second played.
- Heat resistance (%) — the percentage of heat resistance the hull withstands.
- Freeze resistance (%) — the percentage of freeze resistance the hull withstands.
- EMP resistance (%) — the percentage of emp resistance the hull withstands.
- Stun resistance (%) — the percentage of stun resistance the hull withstands.
- AP resistance (%) — the percentage of ap resistance the hull withstands.
- Jammer resistance (%) — the percentage of jammer resistance the hull withstands.
|Standard||Heat Resistance||Cold Resistance||Heat Immunity||Cold Immunity||EMP Immunity|
|Stun Immunity||Lightweight Construction||Heavyweight Construction||AP Immunity||Jammer Immunity||Special Protection|
|Viking Standard||Viking XT||Viking Legacy||Viking Prime||Viking Ultra|
- Viking was one of the second generation hulls and was added into the game on April 27, 2010. It was a great addition to the family of medium hulls, which already included Hunter and Dictator!
- On September 10, 2015, Viking XT was added into the game - which could be obtained by completing a specific Daily Mission or by purchasing it in the Garage for 500 000 crystals whilst having a Premium Account.
- Quite sometime after in August of 2018, a new skin for Viking was released: Viking Legacy. It comprised of the original design of the very hull when it was released years ago in 2010.
- In the May 2019 Challenge, 'Viking Prime's skin was released, sporting cool yellow lights and added armor.
- On the 28th of May, 2021, Viking HD was added to the game.