All game items—whose work is associated with the effects of ignition and freezing—are controlled by a single temperature system. Temperature exists as an independent entity; the mechanics of its work are not tied to a specific source of temperature change. On the contrary, all sources of temperature change operate according to the same rules described below.
Each tank in a battle at any time has its own temperature level. The temperature in the game is measured in arbitrary units. In a normal state, the temperature level is equal to zero. For external reasons, such as the impact of the Freeze or Firebird, the temperature level can increase or decrease. Heating may increase the temperature of the tank to the higher limiting value of 1, while cooling to the lower limiting value of -1.
As soon as the temperature of the tank becomes non-zero (greater or less than zero), it begins to return to its original state. If the temperature is greater than 0, then it tends to zero at a rate of 0.1/s; and if less than 0, at a rate of 0.25/s. Thus, after exposure, the tank which has been heated to the maximum temperature level will burn for 10 seconds, whereas the tank that has been cooled to the minimum temperature level will be slowed down for 4 seconds. Discretization of own temperature recovery is once per second.
When a tank is simultaneously affected by several sources of temperature change, their effects add up and the resulting temperature is added to the rate of its own temperature recovery - the value of which depends on the current temperature (see paragraph above). The discreteness of the external temperature effect is once per tick (tick is equal to a quarter of a second).
- Example: A target is simultaneously affected by a fully micro-upgraded Mk7 Firebird, an Mk3 Firebird without micro upgrades and the Freeze of any modification. Every second, the delta of the rate of change of temperature is (0.5/s + 0.26/s) - 0.6/s = 0.16/s; this value is partially compensated by its own cooling (-0.1/s). As a result, the tank heats up with a speed of 0.06/s.
Specific values of the temperature effects applied to the tank by heating or cooling are given below:
- Burning damage - 300 hp/s, which is regardless of current temperatures, heating limits, specific types and modifications of the target, and source of exposure.
- The Heat Resistance or Heat Immunity augments, “Double Damage” and “Double Armor” supplies affect burning damage.
- Lowering the speed of rotation of the turret from freezing - to the level of 10% of the original in proportion to the temperature.
- Lowering the linear speed and the rate of rotation of the hull from freezing to a level of 10% of the original is proportional to temperature.
- The Firebird Mk3 without micro upgrades has a temperature limit of 0.44 and a heating rate of 0.26/s. This means that the target will be heated to the maximum possible temperature of 0.44 for 7 ticks (1.75 s). As long as the target temperature is above 0, it takes 300 hp damage every second. When the active impact ends, the target begins to cool and takes 300 hp / s damage for 5 seconds, which will be required for cooling.
- Fully micro upgraded Mk7 Firebird with the “Compact Fuel Tanks” augment has a temperature limit of 1 (even the “Maximum temperature + 100%” property of the augment cannot raise the limit above 1) and a heating rate of 1.5/s (base 0.5/s + 200 % of the augment). This means that the target will be heated to the maximum possible temperature of 1 for 3 ticks (0.75s). As long as the target temperature is above 0, it takes 300 hp damage every second. When the active impact ends, the target begins to cool and takes 300 hp/s damage for 10 seconds, which will be required for cooling. In this case, the augment allows you to spend a little less time and energy on the equivalent arson. On lower versions of the Firebird, the augment's efficiency is higher.
- The Freeze of any modification with any level of micro upgrades and without augments has a temperature limit of -1 and a cooling rate of 0.6/s. Over 7 ticks (1.75 s), the target will be cooled to the lowest possible temperature -1. When the active impact ends, the target begins to defrost and makes it 4 seconds, gradually restoring the speed of the gun and the body from 10% to 100%.
- The Freeze of any modification with any level of micro upgrades and the "Shock Freeze" augment has a limit on temperature -1 and a cooling rate of 1.2/s (base 0.6/s + 100% of the augment). For 2 ticks (0.5 s) the target will be cooled to a temperature of -0.6. When the active impact ends, the target begins to defrost and makes it 3 seconds, gradually restoring the speed of the gun and the body from 46% to 100%.
- A Hammer of any modification with the "Dragon’s Breath" augment can instantly raise the temperature of the target to 0.3, provided that all 9 pellets are hit. And if, for example, only 6 out of 9 pellets were hit, the target instantly heats up to 0.2 and then cools down 2 seconds, having managed to get 600 units during this time and additional damage from burning.
- Smoky any modification with the augment “Incendiary Rounds” can instantly raise the temperature of the target to 0.5. After this, the target cools down for 5 seconds, having managed to get 1500 units during this time and additional damage from burning.
- Smoky any modification with the augment "Cyro Rounds" can instantly lower the temperature of the target to -1. After that, the target is defrosted for 4 seconds, gradually restoring the speed of the gun and the body from 10% to 100%.
- Vulcan Mk5 has a limit on the temperature of self-heating 0.74 and the speed of self-heating 0.394/s. This means that after the start of overheating, the tank will be heated to the maximum possible temperature of 0.74 for 8 ticks (2s). As long as the tank temperature is above 0, it takes 300 hp damage every second. When shooting in the overheated state stops, the tank begins to cool and takes damage of 300 hp/s for 8 seconds, until it cools completely. The target will reach a maximum burning temperature at a rate of 20% max, temperature per second. Thus it will take 5s of constant hits to reach the maximum burning temperature.
- A Vulcan of any modification with the “Incendiary Band” augment, when overheated, heats the target at a speed of 0.07/ms. For 15 ticks (0.825s) the target will be heated to the maximum possible temperature 1. As long as the target has a temperature higher than 0, it takes 300 hp of damage every second. When the active impact ends, the target begins to cool and takes damage of 300 hp/s for 10 seconds, until it cools completely.
- Hopper's overdrive has a 20-meter burning radius when activated. Nearby enemy tanks will catch on fire and burn for 9 seconds. At a standard burning damage of 300hp/sec, this will add up to a total of 2700HP of damage - devastating to light or unarmored hulls. This could be used as a tactical play to force the enemy to use the repair kit or to weaken pursuers.