Every tanker owns one, even if it's just an Mk1 modification that can only excel at collecting dust in the Garage. The most comparable turret to those used on legitimate military vehicles, Smoky is your basic peashooter: tap the space bar, let off a shot, wait a moment to reload, rinse, repeat. Occasionally when firing, a shell impacting another tank will produce a cloud of sparks and electric discharge, indicating a 'critical hit' -- a shot that deals considerably more damage than a typical round would, and that stays fixed at a certain value. This means that a critical hit will not decrease in damage once past the maximum or minimum range. These occur primarily by chance but are known to function on a percentage-based gauge that fills with each shot hitting a target.
Description in Garage
Medium-range turret. Can randomly deal increased damage. Universal weapon with fast reload.
Legendary tank turret, made widely popular by how affordable and simple to maintain it is. Install it on a fast hull and slide between shocked enemies, as you destroy each unwieldy heavy tank one by one. It’s good to remember that damage of this turret drops depending on the distance from the target, and for such occasions payload of the turret has high-explosive rounds, effective at any distance. So far no mechanic has managed to load the rounds into the mechanism properly. Because of that, each time tanker fires a shot, it’s impossible to know which round will be used, but on the other hand tanker’s enemies won’t know either when a huge surprise hits them from far away.
- Damage (hp) — The damage dealt to an enemy tank per one shot of the turret within the range of damage.
- Critical damage (HP) — The damage dealt to an enemy tank upon being impacted with a critical hit. Unlike normal shots, the damage that a critical hit deals will not decrease after passing the maximum or minimum damage ranges.
- Impact force — The physical impact of a turret's projectile on enemy tanks upon contacting them.
- Recoil — The physical impact of the turret upon its own tank when shooting.
- Reload time (sec) — The time in seconds required to reload the turret so it may fire again.
- Rotation speed (deg/sec) — This is the maximum speed that the turret can rotate at.
- Rotation acceleration (deg/sec²) — The acceleration of the turret reaching its maximum rotation speed.
- Range of max damage (m) — The distance at which the turret deals its full damage. If the distance is greater than the max damage range, the damage constantly decreases until a tank passes the minimum damage range.
- Range of min damage (m) — The distance at which the turret's damage stops decreasing. If the distance to the target is greater, damage will be dealt according to weak damage parameter.
- Maximum critical chance (%) — The highest chance that can accumulate for a critical shot
- Critical chance step(%) — The amount the chance of the next shot being critical increases with each regular shot, if the maximum has not been reached yet.
- Initial Critical chance (%) — The probability of making a critical shot straight after you respawn.
- Minimal Critical chance (%) — The probability of making a critical shot straight after one. This means you need to land a few more hits to make a critical shot. Same as Initial Critical chance.
- Weak damage (%) — The percentage of normal damage dealt to an enemy at distances larger than minimum damage range.
- Max number of ricochets — The maximum number of times projectiles fired from Smoky will bounce off of a prop or any surface that is not an enemy or allied tank.
- Range (m) — The distance at which the turret's damage stops decreasing.
- Max Ricochet angle — Maximum vertical angle at which a projectile must hit a wall in order to be able to ricochet.
- Projectile speed (m/sec) — The invariable speed that a projectile ejected from Smoky travels.
- Auto-aim upwards (deg) — The angle range that auto-aim will effect if a target is above the turret's horizontal plane.
- Auto-aim downwards (deg) — The angle range that auto-aim will effect if a target is below the turret's horizontal plane.
- Burning duration (sec) — The period of time, starting from the moment when Smoky's attack ends, that the enemy tank suffers from afterburn and receives burning damage.
- Temperature limit — The maximum temperature that an enemy tank can be heated/frozen too. This affects burning/freezing time and burning damage.
- Burning damage (hp/sec) — The amount of burning damage per second.
- Freezing duration (sec) — The period of time, starting from the moment of Smoky's critical hit, that the enemy tank suffers from freezing and receives reduced speed.
- AP duration - The number of seconds the AP status effect is active to an enemy after a critical shot.
- Stun duration - The number of seconds the Stun status effect is active to an enemy after a critical shot.
- EMP duration - The number of seconds the EMP status effect is active to an enemy after a critical shot.
- Max splash damage radius (m) — The distance from the projectile's impact point at which the enemy receives maximum damage. If the distance to the target is greater, the damage constantly decreases until the minimum damage radius.
- Avg splash damage radius (m) — The radius in which the average splash damage is dealt.
- Min splash damage radius (m) — The distance from projectile's impact point at which enemy receives minimum damage. If the distance to the target is greater, the damage will not be dealt.
- Max splash damage (%) — The max percentage from splash damage.
- Avg splash damage (%) — The average percentage from splash damage.
- Weak splash damage (%) — The percentage of splash damage dealt to an enemy at distances larger than minimum damage range.
|Standard||Assault rounds||High-precision aiming system||Supercumulative rounds||Incendiary rounds||Cryo rounds|
|Autocannon||Armor-Piercing Rounds||Paralyzing Rounds||EMP Rounds||Rubberized Rounds||Explosive Rounds|
|Smoky Standard||Smoky XT|
- On February 13, 2011, Smoky XT - a turret that looked like Smoky but with a huge amount of damage was added into the game. Two days later, it got an extra buff to its damage. However, it was removed soon after.
- December 17, 2012, marked an important day in this turret's history. It was the day on which Smoky got its electrifying critical hit - a random shot that delivered a staggering amount of damage to the enemy.
- On September 10, 2018 - Smoky XT skin was added to the game which was available for purchase for a limited time period in the shop. Currently, it can be obtained only through containers.