Shards are an in-game currency used for purchasing containers. You can obtain them for free, and exchange them for a container once you have accumulated enough.
- Completing Daily Missions
- Watching Ads
- Mobile players can watch an ad to earn 10 . After watching an ad, a player must wait for an hour or finish a Matchmaking battle to watch another.
- Passive Accumulation
- If a player has less than 100 Shards, they will earn 1 every 800 seconds (every 13 minutes, 20 seconds) until they have 100 . To maximize this passive earning, exchange your shards for a container as soon as you reach 100 .
You can collect as many shards as you like (by watching ads and completing missions), but passive accumulation will stop when you have more than 100 .
Exchanging Shards for Containers
Mobile tankers can see their progress towards a container with the progress bar in the containers tab.
A red dot will appear when the player has enough Shards to purchase a container.
The display looks like this for desktop tankers, with a countdown to a full 100 displayed along with the number of shards:
- Shards first appeared in the game on January 29th, 2021.
- Shards are the third currency in the game, after crystals and tankoins.
- Passive accumulation can earn you one container every 80,000 seconds, or every 22 hours, 13 minutes, and 20 seconds. If you immediately exchange all passive shards for a container, that equates to 394 per year!
- Completing all daily missions can earn the tanker 547 containers per year - three containers every two days.
- If a player constantly earns passive shards (i.e. always purchases a container when able to afford one), and also completes all daily missions, they will earn 941 containers in a year, in addition to any they earn from watching ads.