After placing a mine will also place several additional mines around the spot.
Saboteur is triggered when you plant a Mine. Up to 8 additional Mines are placed in a circular pattern around the initial mine.
Saboteur consumes a total of 5 Mines when activated, even if the number of additional Mines placed is more or less.
- - Number of additional Mines: 3 → 8
- - Additional Mine activation delay (sec): 2 → 0.5
- Circle radius (m): 4 → 5
- - Recharge (sec): 40
- - Mines consumed: 4
Additionally, like all Drones, Saboteur provides a passive bonus to the strength of Boosted Armor and Boosted Damage:
- Boosted Armor supply's effect strength (%): 50 → 100
- Boosted Damage supply's effect increase (%): 50 → 100
Pros and Cons
Can secure an entire passageway or area with a high volume of mines
Allows activation of a mine underneath a nearby tank
Repeated activation takes a while, and all mines still disappear when tank is destroyed
Very long cooldown decreases the flexibility
Tips and Advice
- After planting a set of mines, your next mine will come out of cooldown in 30 seconds, just like usual. However, don't plant it right away! Wait 10 more seconds for the drone cooldown to end so that you can plant your next set as soon as possible.
- If you're using saboteur to camp, choose a weapon that doesn't require you to expose yourself to enemies that could kill you (and so make all your mines disappear): Magnum (especially with vertical elevation augments), Shaft, Gauss, or Railgun. Also go with a heavy hull since you won't need to move.
- If you prefer more dynamic gameplay, you can use Saboteur to secure an entrance to your team's base while you go fight elsewhere - the many mines will usually do a good enough job preventing entry in your absence.
- By driving up next to an enemy and planting a mine, you can make a mine or two appear underneath their tank
- Plant mines spaces that are wide enough to accommodate the full set - planting in narrow passageways can result in wasting mines on walls and inaccessible areas.
- Planting your mine near a cliff edge or cliff face will put the surrounding mines on the ground below it or on top of it. Though this is not useful often, it's a good thing to have in your back pocket for maps with many elevation changes.
Like all Drones, Saboteur can be micro-upgraded to a total of 20 steps.
|Delay time||Cost |
|2||4||1.9||4.1||55||55||6160||1d 6h 48m||12320|
|3||4||1.8||4.15||57.5||57.5||11320||2d 8h 36m||22640|
|4||4||1.7||4.2||60||60||16470||3d 10h 21m||32940|
|5||4||1.6||4.25||62.5||62.5||21630||4d 12h 9m||43260|
|6||5||1.6||4.3||65||65||26790||5d 13h 57m||53580|
|7||5||1.5||4.35||67.5||67.5||31950||6d 15h 45m||63900|
|8||5||1.4||4.4||70||70||37110||7d 17h 33m||74220|
|9||5||1.3||4.45||72.5||72.5||42260||8d 19h 18m||84520|
|10||6||1.3||4.5||75||75||47420||9d 21h 6m||94840|
|11||6||1.2||4.55||77.5||77.5||52580||10d 22h 54m||105160|
|13||6||1||4.65||82.5||82.5||62890||13d 2h 27m||125780|
|14||7||1||4.7||85||85||68050||14d 4h 15m||136100|
|15||7||0.9||4.75||87.5||87.5||73210||15d 6h 3m||146420|
|16||7||0.8||4.8||90||90||78370||16d 7h 51m||156740|
|17||7||0.7||4.85||92.5||92.5||83530||17d 9h 39m||167060|
|18||8||0.7||4.9||95||95||88680||18d 11h 24m||177360|
|19||8||0.6||4.95||97.5||97.5||93840||19d 13h 12m||187680|
TODO <images of Saboteur at different MU levels>
- On top of the standard 1 second activation delay. This parameter only applies to the extra mines.
- This parameter affects the distance between the mine in the center of the circle and the mines on the circumference.
|Turrets||Firebird • Freeze • Isida • Hammer • Twins • Ricochet • Smoky • Striker • Vulcan • Thunder • Railgun • Magnum • Gauss • Shaft • Terminator|
|Hulls||Wasp • Hornet • Hopper • Hunter • Crusader • Viking • Dictator • Ares • Titan • Mammoth • Juggernaut|
|Drones||Brutus • Mechanic • Trooper • Assault • Miner • Engineer • Driver • Defender • Supplier • Sprinter • Trickster • Booster • Lifeguard • Camper • Blaster • Saboteur • Hyperion • Crisis|