The border between mid and short-range, this turret proves effective in both small and medium maps alike. Ricochet, hence the name, uses projectiles encapsulated in a negative energy field, unlocking the unusual ability to rebound from surfaces. The second of the two plasma-based weapons, Twins being the first, this one has a notably slower fire rate and cannot be used indefinitely, requiring time to charge after expending a certain number of shells. However, in comparison to its sibling, Ricochet has faster moving projectiles, greater range, and the ability to attack foes indirectly from behind cover, so long as players are capable of accurate targeting. Ricochet is extremely effective in maps with many buildings and other perpendicular surfaces, maximizing rebound potential.
Description in Garage
Small range turret. Plasma projectiles will ricochet and damage enemies even out of your field of vision. Has a limited energy capacity, which recharges over time.
Plasmagun “Ricochet” is a new secret device created by top Siberian researchers. To mass-produce this turret, a team of 22 specialists worked for 3 years straight in an underground bunker without permission to see the sky. The final result is quite unique. This weapon fires plasma projectiles, coated with a “smart” minus-field. When hitting a tank the projectile will explode, but if it hits a solid obstacle it will bounce off and continue its flight. This way, using Ricochet you can hit targets even if you can’t see them. Unfortunately, it was impossible to solve the safety issue completely, and plasma rounds can easily bounce back and hit the tank that fired them in the first place. The “smart” minus-field is clever, but not clever enough to distinguish enemy tanks from the user.
- Damage per shot (hp) — The damage dealt to an enemy tank per one shot of the turret within the range of max damage.
- Critical damage (hp) — The damage dealt to an enemy tank upon being impacted with a critical hit. Unlike normal shots, the damage that a critical hit deals, will not decrease after passing the maximum or minimum damage ranges.
- Impact force — The physical impact of a turret's projectile on enemy tanks upon contacting them.
- Recoil — The physical impact of the turret upon its own tank when shooting.
- Recharge time (msec) — The pause required between shots to launch another projectile.
- Energy per shot (eng/shot) — The amount of energy for firing exhausted by Ricochet with every shot.
- Rotation speed (deg/sec) — This is the maximum speed that the turret can rotate at.
- Rotation acceleration (deg/sec²) — The acceleration of the turret reaching its maximum rotation speed.
- Range of max damage (m) — The distance at which the turret deals its full damage. If the distance is greater than the max damage range, the damage constantly decreases until a tank passes the minimum damage range.
- Range of min damage (m) — The distance at which the turret's damage stops decreasing.
- Projectile speed (m/sec) — The invariable speed that a projectile ejected from Ricochet travels.
- Number of shots — The number of shots counted when emptying the full mag.
- Critical damage chance (%) — The highest chance that can accumulate for a critical shot.
- Weak damage (%) — The percentage of normal damage dealt to an enemy tank at the end of the minimum damage range.
- Amount of energy — The total amount of energy that can be expended for shooting.
- Reloading (eng/sec) — The amount of energy points used for firing recovered per second when not in use.
- Projectile radius (m) — The invariable radius of the plasma projectile from its core to its outer surface.
- Max number of bounces — The maximum number of times projectiles fired from Ricochet will bounce off of a prop or any surface that is not an enemy or allied tank.
- Auto-aim upwards (deg) — The angle range that auto-aim will effect if a target is above the turret's horizontal plane.
- Auto-aim downwards (deg) — The angle range that auto-aim will effect if a target is above the turret's horizontal plane.
- Splash damage radius (m) — The radius of the splash damage for every shot.
- Max splash damage radius (m) — The distance from the projectile's impact point at which the enemy receives maximum damage. If the distance to the target is greater, the damage constantly decreases until the minimum damage radius.
- AP duration - The number of seconds the AP status effect is active to an enemy after a critical shot.
|Standard||Destabilized plasma||Minus-field stabilization||Plasma-torch||Berserk||Super-smart Minus-Field|
|Ricochet Standard||Ricochet XT||Ricochet Legacy|
- The development team decided to make another turret - and so, 'Project Ricochet' arose in 2009. Back then, Ricochet was called Vulcan and didn't have the ability to bounce its projectiles. This is because Ricochet was first designed as a machine-gun, and not as a turret that would fire projectiles. Later on, when the idea of a bouncing projectile arose, the original idea for Ricochet was dropped and afterward, Ricochet was made into the very gun we know today.
- In the designing stage, Ricochet fired blue-colored projectiles.
- It was added into the game on July 8, 2010 along with Freeze.
- On September 25, 2018 - Ricochet XT skin was added to the game which was available for purchase for a limited time period in the shop. Currently, it can be obtained only through containers or the showcase shop for 9 999 tankoins.