The border between mid and short-range, this turret proves effective in both small and medium maps alike. Ricochet, hence the name, uses projectiles encapsulated in a negative energy field, unlocking the unusual ability to rebound from surfaces. The second of the two plasma based weapons, Twins being the first, this one has a notably slower fire rate and cannot be used indefinitely, requiring time to charge after expending a certain number of shells. However, in comparison to its sibling, Ricochet has faster moving projectiles, greater range and the ability to attack foes indirectly from behind cover, so long as players are capable of accurate targeting. Ricochet is extremely effective in maps with many buildings and other perpendicular surfaces, maximizing rebound potential.
Description in Garage
Small range turret. Plasma projectiles will ricochet and damage enemies even out of your field of vision. Has a limited energy capacity, which recharges over time.
Plasmagun “Ricochet” is a new secret device created by top Siberian researches. To mass produce this turret, a team of 22 specialists worked for 3 years straight in an underground bunker without permission to see the sky. The final result is quite unique. This weapon fires plasma projectiles, coated with a “smart” minus-field. When hitting a tank the projectile will explode, but if it hits a solid obstacle it will bounce off and continue its flight. This way, using Ricochet you can hit targets even if you can’t see them. Unfortunately, it was impossible to solve the safety issue completely, and plasma rounds can easily bounce back and hit the tank who fired them in the first place. The “smart” minus-field is clever, but not clever enough to distinguish enemy tanks from the user.
|Price of Modification|
|Min damage (Hp)|
|Max damage (Hp)|
|Recharge time (eng/sec)|
|Energy per shot (eng/shot)|
|Rotation speed (deg/sec)|
|Rotation acceleration (deg/sec²)|
|Range of max damage (m)|
|Range of min damage (m)|
|Projectile speed (m/sec)|
|Amount of energy|
|Weak damage (%)|
|Projectile radius (m)|
|Auto-aim upwards (deg)|
|Auto-aim downwards (deg)|
|Max number of bounces|
Protection Module and Icon
- The icon used to indicate Ricochet in various parts of the Heads Up Display.
Protection module which reduces damage dealt from an enemy Ricochet: Lion module.
- Min damage (HP) — The minimum amount of damage dealt to an enemy tank per one shot of the turret within the maximum range.
- Max damage (HP) — The maximum amount of damage dealt to an enemy tank per one shot of the turret within the maximum range.
- Impact force — The physical impact of a turret's projectile on enemy tanks upon contacting them.
- Recoil — The physical impact of the turret upon its own tank when shooting.
- Recharge time (sec) — The pause required between shots to launch another projectile.
- Energy per shot (eng/shot) — The amount of energy for firing exhausted by Ricochet with every shot.
- Rotation speed (deg/sec) — This is the maximum speed that the turret can rotate at.
- Rotation acceleration (deg/sec²) — The acceleration of the turret reaching its maximum rotation speed.
- Range of max damage (m) — The distance at which the turret deals its full damage. If the distance is greater than the max damage range, the damage constantly decreases until a tank passes the minimum damage range.
- Range of min damage (m) — The distance at which the turret's damage stops decreasing.
- Projectile speed (m/sec) — The invariable speed that a projectile ejected from Ricochet travels.
- Amount of energy — The total amount of energy that can be expended for shooting.
- Reloading (eng/sec) — The amount of energy points used for firing recovered per second when not in use.
- Weak damage (%) — The percentage of normal damage dealt to an enemy tank at the end of the minimum damage range.
- Projectile radius (m) — The invariable radius of the plasma projectile from its core to its outer surface.
- Auto-aim upwards (deg) — The angle range that auto-aim will effect if a target is above the turret's horizontal plane.
- Auto-aim downwards (deg) — The angle range that auto-aim will effect if a target is above the turret's horizontal plane.
- Max number of bounces — The maximum number of times projectiles fired from Hammer will bounce off of a prop or any surface that is not an enemy or allied tank.
- The development team decided to make another turret - and so, 'Project Ricochet' arose in 2009. Back then, Ricochet was called Vulcan, and didn't have the ability to bounce it's projectiles. This is because Ricochet was first designed as a machine-gun, and not as a turret that would fire projectiles. Later on, when the idea of a bouncing projectile arose, the original idea for Ricochet was dropped and afterwards, Ricochet was made into the very gun we know today.
- In the designing stage, Ricochet fired blue-colored projectiles.
- It was added into the game on July 8, 2009 along with Freeze.