Support drone. Improves the effectiveness of your Repair Kits, and repairs any team mates within its area of effect when using Repair Kits. Repairing team mates grants additional score points. Speeds up Repair Kit cooldown.
Mechanic is activated whenever a Repair Kit is expended. The number of hit points instantaneously restored is increased and the effects of this supply will apply to allies within a radius of up to 25 meters. Allies in range are connected by a thin blue laser.
Addtionally, the Repair Kit's cooldown is reduced from 30 to 20 seconds, and every other supply activated reduces the cooldown by another 10 seconds. Mechanic permits activation of Repair Kit even when at full health if teammates are nearby.
If at least one teammate benefits from the effects of this Drone, the activator will receive 20 battle points.
- - Bonus to instant HP regained (HP): 100 → 500
- - Healing radius (m): 15 → 25
- - Reduction of Repair Kit cooldown (sec): 10
- - Recharge (sec): 10
Additionally, like all Drones, Mechanic provides a passive bonus to the strength of Boosted Armor and Boosted Damage:
- Boosted Armor supply's effect strength (%): 50 → 100
- Boosted Damage supply's effect increase (%): 50 → 100
Pros and Cons
Boost in instant healing is helpful when actively taking damage (which halts subsequent gradual healing)
Ability to score lots of points in SGE, defending in ASL, and other crowded (often defensive) situations, since at least one teammate is always nearby
Clever supply use can allow activation of a repair kit about every 10 seconds
Easy to run out of repair kits with frequent activation
Tips and Advice
- Though high upgrade levels are certainly helpful, the range you get from them is not critically important in the crowded situations Mechanic works best in. Ultimately, it's good to upgrade it for the added supply power and range, but you can still score plenty with a low-leveled mechanic and invest your crystals elsewhere.
- Since the Juggernaut cannot use its own supplies, a Mechanic that follows the Juggernaut around can significantly lower its chances of being destroyed by sharing repair kits with it
- Some of the highest recorded scores in the game have been scored by groups of 2-4 players using Mechanic + Isida (support nanobots) + Dictator (typically AP immunity) in Siege mode and in Assault mode (defending). All the players in the group work to keep each other and their teammates alive, and score a lot of points while doing so.
Like all Drones, Mechanic can be micro-upgraded to a total of 20 steps.
|Delay time||Cost |
|2||140||16||55||55||6160||1d 6h 48m||12320|
|3||160||16.5||57.5||57.5||11320||2d 8h 36m||22640|
|4||180||17||60||60||16470||3d 10h 21m||32940|
|5||200||17.5||62.5||62.5||21630||4d 12h 9m||43260|
|6||220||18||65||65||26790||5d 13h 57m||53580|
|7||240||18.5||67.5||67.5||31950||6d 15h 45m||63900|
|8||260||19||70||70||37110||7d 17h 33m||74220|
|9||280||19.5||72.5||72.5||42260||8d 19h 18m||84520|
|10||300||20||75||75||47420||9d 21h 6m||94840|
|11||320||20.5||77.5||77.5||52580||10d 22h 54m||105160|
|13||360||21.5||82.5||82.5||62890||13d 2h 27m||125780|
|14||380||22||85||85||68050||14d 4h 15m||136100|
|15||400||22.5||87.5||87.5||73210||15d 6h 3m||146420|
|16||420||23||90||90||78370||16d 7h 51m||156740|
|17||440||23.5||92.5||92.5||83530||17d 9h 39m||167060|
|18||460||24||95||95||88680||18d 11h 24m||177360|
|19||480||24.5||97.5||97.5||93840||19d 13h 12m||187680|
|Turrets||Firebird • Freeze • Isida • Hammer • Twins • Ricochet • Smoky • Striker • Vulcan • Thunder • Railgun • Magnum • Gauss • Shaft • Terminator|
|Hulls||Wasp • Hornet • Hopper • Hunter • Crusader • Viking • Dictator • Ares • Titan • Mammoth • Juggernaut|
|Drones||Brutus • Mechanic • Trooper • Assault • Miner • Engineer • Driver • Defender • Supplier • Sprinter • Trickster • Booster • Lifeguard • Camper • Blaster • Saboteur • Hyperion • Crisis|