Magnum is perhaps one of the most difficult turrets to master in the game, but despite its hard controls, it evidently holds the title of being the most important turrets to have in a team. It can literally take out groups of people in one shot, while not even being visible, sitting quietly behind a small wall in its own base. This turret, albeit requiring real skill to use and master, is capable of completely shutting down an entire enemy team. However, the inability of rotating the actual turret and work with two variables at the same time can be quite a difficult task for the average tanker.
Description in Garage
Artillery launcher with a long-range. Fires powerful explosive shells on a ballistic trajectory. Can’t turn its turret. Requires manual aiming.
A true magnum opus of artistic tank construction. The biggest caliber, which can fit onto a tank hull. The most destructive high-explosive shell, from what we could find. The longest barrel with the biggest barrel brake. The strongest recoil, which can flip a light tank. Every piece in this turret screams “The Best”. Even its aiming system is the most… difficult. Huge caliber dictates that the turret is literally welded to its hull, excluding any possibility of turning horizontally. Heavy rounds fly to their target in an arc, making it almost hard to aim. Having enough skill, you can hit enemies behind any cover and at any distance. In the most intense cases you can aim the barrel straight up, fire and roll away, while the shot travels to and from the stratosphere to destroy anything it finds below when it lands.
|Rank Available From|
|Price of Modification|
|Min damage (HP)|
|Max damage (HP)|
|Rotation speed (deg/sec)|
|Rotation acceleration (deg/sec²)|
|Number of steps of charging|
|Min projectile speed (m/sec)|
|Max projectile speed (m/sec)|
|Projectile radius (m)|
|Min shot angle (deg)|
|Max shot angle (deg)|
|Initial shot angle (m)|
|Max splash damage radius (m)|
|Average splash damage radius (m)|
|Min splash damage radius (m)|
|Average splash damage (%)|
|Weak damage (%)|
- Min damage (HP) - the minimum damage dealt to an enemy tank per one shot of the turret within the range of max damage.
- Max damage (HP) - the maximum damage dealt to an enemy tank per one shot of the turret within the range of max damage.
- Impact force - the physical impact of a turret's projectile on enemy tanks upon contacting them.
- Explosion impact - the physical impact and damage on the tanks within a radius of where the point of the projectile landed.
- Recoil - the physical impact of the turret upon its own tank when shooting.
- Reload (s) - the time in seconds required to reload the turret so it may fire again.
- Rotation speed (deg/s) - this is the maximum speed that the turret can raise and lower the barrel.
- Rotation accelertation (deg/s²) - The acceleration of the turret reaching its maximum rotation speed.
- Projectile speed min. (m/s) - the speed of the projectile when at a minimum charge.
- Projectile speed max. (m/s) - the speed of the projectile when at the maximum level of charge.
- Amplification (s) - the time required to set the maximum charge level.
- Number of steps of charging - means that the process of charging the shot happens with steps being x = 100% / number of steps.
- Projectile gravitation - the effects of gravity on the projectile.
- Projectile radius (m) - the radius from the center of the projectile to its boundary.
- Min shot angle (deg) - the smallest possible angle that the turret can shoot at.
- Max shot angle (deg) - the largest possible angle that the turret can shoot at.
- Initial shot angle (deg) - the angle that is set on the tank directly after respawning.
- Max splash damage radius (m) - The distance from the projectile's impact point at which enemy receives maximum damage. If the distance to the target is greater, the damage constantly decreases until the minimum damage radius.
- Min splash damage radius (m) - The distance from projectile's impact point at which enemy receives minimum damage. If the distance to the target is greater, damage will not be dealt.
- Weak damage (%) - the % or normal damage dealt at a distance from the projectile's impact point, equal to minimum damage radius.
Protection Module and Icon
Griffin - name of the module that protects against Magnum.
- On March 18, 2017, Magnum was issued to several popular Tanki Online video bloggers for testing on the main servers.
- It was then added into the game March 23, 2017, for everyone to buy and use.
- Together with Magnum's release, the developers hosted a cool seven-day contest where you had to get five hundred kills on a specific day. This would enter you into the Magnum giveaway. When the results came out, seven lucky people got the Magnum turret for free.