Isida is a medical tool first, and a weapon second. Being the only turret that has the ability to heal their teammates, it has the highest damage-per-second rating between the three purely close-ranged weapons (Firebird and Freeze), but it suffers a drawback in only being able to expend that against enemies for five seconds at a time. This makes it an inapplicable candidate for going on mindless rampages on the front lines; however, upon targeting an ally with the beam, its energy consumption rate is ten seconds instead, appealing to a multitude of team-based tankers. Playing a medic’s role in Tanki Online is interesting, but admittedly not for everyone. However, it should be noted that Isida is an excellent tool for gathering experience points quickly (healing other tanks' wounds grants experience points to the user).
Description in Garage
Close range emitter. It can damage only one target. It can repair allied tanks. Has a limited energy capacity, which recharges over time.
The research of quantum physics and nanotechnology has gifted an impressive set of abilities to a simple welding machine straight from the factory. The heart of this new wonder-turret is a nanobot generator, capable of replicating or destroying the structure of any non-organic material. Impulse emitter installed on the turret allows to transport nanomass within a magnetic channel over a distance of several dozen meters. Nanobots can easily recognize the target and either quickly dismantle the armor to molecules or slowly repair it. This way, the turret can deal heavy damage to enemies and repair the allies, which is especially important in team battles. Unfortunately, repairing your own tank is not possible.
|Rank Available From|
|Price of Modification|
|Critical Healing (hp/sec)|
|Critical damage (hp/sec)|
|Rotation speed (deg/sec)|
|Rotation acceleration (deg/sec²)|
|Displaying the sight mark distance (m)|
|Critical damage chance (%)|
|Critical healing chance (%)|
|Reload time (sec)|
|Amount of energy|
|Energy consumption damaging (eng/sec)|
|Energy consumption healing (eng/sec)|
|Energy consumption without target (eng/sec)|
|Cone angle (deg)|
- Healing (hp/sec) — The amount of a friendly tank's health restored per second.
- Critical Healing (hp/sec) — Healing dealt to a teammate on a critical hit.
- Damage (hp/sec) — The amount of damage dealt to an enemy tank per second.
- Critical damage (hp/sec) — The damage dealt to an enemy tank upon being impacted with a critical hit. Unlike normal shots, the damage that a critical hit deals, will not decrease after passing the maximum or minimum damage ranges.
- Rotation speed (deg/sec) — This is the maximum speed that the turret can rotate at.
- Rotation acceleration (deg/sec²) — The acceleration of the turret reaching its maximum rotation speed.
- Range (m) — Maximum range that Isida can deal damage. If the distance to the target is higher than this value, no damage will be dealt.
- Displaying the sight mark distance (m) — The marked distance at which the turret is able to target and hit the enemy.
- Critical damage chance (%) — The highest chance that can accumulate for a critical shot.
- Critical healing chance (%) — The highest chance that can accumulate for a critical shot.
- Reload time (sec) — The total required time in seconds to replenish Isida's energy if it has been completely exhausted.
- Amount of energy — The total amount of energy that can be expended for shooting.
- Energy consumption damaging (eng/sec) — The amount of energy used per second if Isida is used to damage an opponent continuously.
- Energy consumption healing (eng/sec) — The amount of energy used per second if Isida is used to heal an ally continuously.
- Energy consumption without target (eng/sec) — The amount of energy used per second if Isida is used without a target within its conic angle.
- Charging (ms) — The amount of energy regenerated per second when the weapon is not used.
- Cone angle (deg) — The conic, outward range in degrees that the beam spreads from the tip of the turret. Damage can not be dealt to an opponent outside of this cone, and this beam can only target one player at a time.
Protection Module and Icon
Ocelot - name of the module that protects against Isida.
|Isida Standard||Isida XT|
- Isida was named after the Egyptian goddess of health, marriage and wisdom - Isis; which has also become a model for understanding the Egyptian ideal of femininity and motherhood.
- In the summer of 2009, when the development team decided to make a new turret, a dilemma between an "impulse gun" - which was basically designed to deliver a physical impulse, throwing enemies away; and a "curing gun" - a gun that could heal people; broke out. The main authors of the idea were Anton Volkov and Alexey Khusainov. After the discussions ended, Isida, the so-called "curing gun" was released on September 28, 2009.
- The beam of the gun was changed several times. At its addition, the beam was just a simple glow of light traveling from one tank to another. Afterward, and prior to Update #291, it was an electric beam that would rock here and there. Currently, it is what you see in the game.
- A distinctive feature of Isida was "vampirism" - restoring own's health by inflicting damage to opponents. This feature was removed in the release of Update #441 on February 16, 2017. The logic behind this was that Isida became highly overpowered when a Double Power was combined with this effect.
- If a player with Isida is destroyed during healing, the points for it are counted at the beginning of the attack or after the re-spawn.
- Isida was the main reason behind the changing of Double Damage's name to 'Double Power'. The main logic provided was that the word 'damage' made no sense when you were healing a teammate with Isida - and hence, the name was updated.
- On June 23, 2018, as part of Patch Update #515, Isida lost its ability to decrease or increase the temperature. It could no longer unfreeze or cooldown other tanks.