Screeeeeech! Your tank's tracks grind nearly to a halt, your turret becomes sluggish, and you find yourself shivering. That's right - you've been frozen. Bundle up, because this article is all about this frightening status effect.
Freezing is a Status Effect applied by certain specialized pieces of equipment. When a tank is frozen, this happens:
- Their tank's treads (responsible for moving and turning the hull and turning) slow down in proportion to the temperature, minimum temperature = 90% reduction
- Their turret's rotation slows down in proportion to the temperature, minimum temperature = 10% reduction
- The tank will heat back up at a rate of 25% max temperature per second, for a maximum frozen time of 4 seconds.
- Since the tank must accelerate again after thawing, it will take longer than 4 seconds to reach full speed again.
- Burning effects are removed.
Some important things to note:
- Using a repair kit will unfreeze the tank over the course of a couple of seconds.
- Freeze protection modules do not reduce the freezing effect.
- Shooting anyone with Firebird (including a teammate) will warm them up, and shooting an enemy with Freeze will relieve their Burning before applying the Freezing status effect.
- Frozen tanks will have this symbol above them: If you are frozen, or are the one doing the freezing, you will also see the text Freeze briefly appear above the affected tanks.
- The Juggernaut is immune to all negative status effects.
- Immediately after spawning, all tanks are immune to negative status effects.
There are also two hull augments that protect against freezing:
|Partially protects your tank from the effect of cold, making it harder to slow down. Does not affect direct damage from Freeze.||Freeze effect resistance: 50%|
|Makes your tank immune to the slow-down effects of cold, such as that inflicted by the Freeze turret. However, Freeze will still be able to deal direct damage to your tank.||Freeze effect resistance: 100%|
If you attempt to Freeze an immune tank, you will see the word Immunity briefly appear above them. There is no indicator for cold resistance.
What can Freeze a Tank?
- Shooting a burning tank (even a teammate) with freeze will cool it down. If it's an enemy, they must be cooled down before movement restriction sets in.
- There are two augments for Freeze that affect its freezing effect. Note that the Adrenaline augment is not on this list, as it only increases damage, not freezing.
|Swapping cooling agent with acid mixture, which eats through even the most sturdy armor in mere seconds. No freezing effect.||
Damage per second: +10%
|Quickly and effectively turn tanks into solid and immobile pieces of ice. In conditions of a limited space in the turret, several battle mechanisms had to be removed, which lowered damage and energy consumption.||
Freezing rate: +200%
- In addition to armor-piercing tanks, Crusader's icicle freezes enemies in the explosion radius for 4 seconds.
- In addition to providing supplies to nearby teammates and charging their overdrives, Dictator's overdrive freezes all enemies within 20 meters for 4 seconds.
Additionally, there are currently 2 turret augments that allow turrets other than freeze cool down tanks. Epic augments can be obtained in Containers or Ultra Containers at the Epic rarity, or purchased for crystals . Legendary augments can be only be obtained in Ultra Containers at the Legendary Rarity.
|Replacement for the standard cumulative shots with freon rounds. Critical hits will deal less damage, but fully freeze the target.||
Target's temperature: -100%
||A variant of the large caliber Railgun* but with cryo rounds. Critical hits decrease the temperature of targets that they hit.
*Unlike LCR, this augment does not make reload longer or increase damage.
|Target's temperature: -100% |
Critical hit damage: -30%
Shot warmup time: +20%