Firebird deals damage through both a jet of flame and the resulting burn that occurs upon contact, capable of ailing opponents even after the weapon has stopped firing. Firebird, like Freeze, can deal damage to several tanks within close proximity simultaneously. For a novice player, the main advantage of Firebird is that aim isn't really necessary; all that is required is to point the stream of fire in the general direction of a foe.
Description in Garage
Close-range turret. Puts enemies on fire, dealing additional damage over time. Unfreezes tanks. Has a limited fuel capacity, which recovers with time.
On the narrow city streets, when the battle looks more like an ant farm, there’s no better weapon than Firebird. Ideal turret for limited areas with no space to maneuver. Equally wonderful at putting slow heavy tanks on fire and crisping up fast light hulls. By carefully spreading the fuel over multiple targets, you can burn down a whole tank factory. Even a small amount of fuel can be enough to light up a careless enemy, so you can look for a new target and the burning enemy will blow up on its own. Unless, of course, its teammates won’t put out the fire with Freeze.
|Rank Available From|
|Price of Modification|
|Rotation speed (deg/sec)|
|Rotation acceleration (deg/sec²)|
|Range of max damage (m)|
|Range of min damage (m)|
|Burning time (sec)|
|Heating rate (temp/sec)|
|Reload time (sec)|
|Amount of energy|
|Energy consumption (eng/sec)|
|Weak damage (%)|
|Cone angle (deg)|
- Damage (HP/sec) — The amount of damage dealt to an enemy tank per second.
- Rotation speed (deg/sec) — This is the maximum speed that the turret can rotate at.
- Rotation acceleration (deg/sec²) — The acceleration of the turret reaching its maximum rotation speed.
- Range of max damage (m) — The distance at which the turret deals its full damage. If the distance is greater than the max damage range, the damage constantly decreases until a tank passes the minimum damage range.
- Range of min damage (m) — The distance at which the turret's damage reaches zero and stops decreasing.
- Burning time (sec) — The period of time, starting from the moment when Firebird's attack ends, that the enemy tank suffers from afterburn and receives burning damage.
- Temperature limit — The maximum temperature that an enemy tank can be heated to. This affects burning time and burning damage.
- Reload time (sec) — The total required time in seconds to replenish Firebird's energy if it has been completely exhausted.
- Amount of energy — The total amount of energy that can be expended for shooting.
- Energy consumption (eng/sec) — The amount of energy used per second if Firebird is used continuously.
- Heating rate (temp/sec) — The increase in an enemy tank's temperature per second.
- Cone angle (deg) — The conic, outward range in degrees that the flame spreads from the tip of the turret. Damage can not be dealt to an opponent outside of this cone.
Protection Module and Icon
Fox - name of the module that protects against Firebird.
|Firebird XT||Firebird Demonic|
- Firebird didn't always hold the ability to cause damage in after-burn. Prior to Update #114 - the Global Re-balance, Firebird's flame only damaged tanks and lowered their health, but didn't cause after-burn.
- In late-2009, a very intriguing bug was noticed when a player using Firebird left a battle while still firing. The flame still appeared on the map, and in some rare cases, it didn't disappear until the battle was terminated by the server.
- Long, long ago, Firebird M3's flame was actually blue instead of the current yellowish-orange shades.
- On September 10, 2015, Firebird XT was added into the game - which could be obtained by completing a specific Daily Mission or by purchasing it in the Garage for 500 000 crystals whilst having a Premium Account. This version of Firebird differed from its original counterpart only by looks, and not by any extra or higher statistics.
- The Demonic Firebird Skin was added into the game on 31st of October, 2018 as part of a special star week in which you had to obtain 900 stars to earn the skin.