Do you miss playing a battle?!
If you do, PRESS PLAY!
Due to its hovering ability, Crusader will almost always stay upright.
Crusader's hitbox is small for a medium hull, and its sideways movement can help it dodge shots.
Crusader can drive over short hulls in a pushing match.
Crusader's overdrive allows a fast, ranged attack on several enemies at once.
Crusader can outmaneuver most medium hulls at close range.
Maneuverability and stability come at the cost of pushing power - you may find yourself getting shoved or spun around.
It's easy to miss with your overdrive, and also easy to accidentally blow yourself up with it.
Crusader's floating motion means that peek-a-boo tactics don't work very well - to shoot at someone, you must expose most of your tank.
The continuation of drifting motion after movement stops can make it harder to aim the turret.
Crusader works well with close-ranged turrets since its ability to turn to match a turret's direction makes it easy to stay trained on a tank. Its sideways-moving ability also makes it good at circling around a sluggish enemy. Being a medium hull, crusader is also good with mid-ranged turrets - it has a good balance of speed for following enemies around and health for parking in place and controlling an area. Long-ranged turrets can be hard to use with crusader, since its tendency to drift while floating can make it easy to miss shots.
Preferred maps and game modes
- Crusader works best on maps such as Desert with lots of flat ground - its overdrive travels in a straight line, and its hovering engines make it nearly impossible to perform the rocking motion needed to hit targets on different elevations - for example, in Cross or Chernobyl.
- Crusader isn't well-suited to defending a base in ASL, CTF, or RGB, since some tanks can drive under it with a bit of pushing and its overdrive is risky in close quarters.
- However, Crusader is excellent for using offensively or as a midfielder, since it can travel and maneuver well.
- Thanks to its overdrive, Crusader is good for taking down crowds of tankers in Siege mode, even when they're hiding under Titan's dome.
- Crusader was the third hovering hull added to the game, after Ares and Hopper.
- From December 10th, 2020 through January 14th, 2021, Crusader had an "Early Access" period, during which it was only available from Ultra containers.
- On January 15th, 2021, Crusader was added to the Garage to be purchasable with crystals.