Thanks to the never-ending work of its engines the Crusader hull can hover over the ground at a low altitude. When Crusader is placed under enemy fire, it tries to return itself to a stable position. If the roll limit exceeds a certain maximum, the engines will fail and Crusader will flip.
The uniqueness of the hull movement is that it does not turn, but strafes in a given direction. The hull will perfectly fit mobile gameplay. On a PC, there are two different possibilities to control the hull: keyboard and mouse and only keyboard. When used with just a keyboard and mouse controls disabled, the tank is controlled like any other tank. However, when using the keyboard and mouse, the hull moves forward, backward, and strafes to the side. Strafe direction depends on the current camera position, as does forward, backward, left, and right keys. The hull also turns with the camera.
Crusader’s unique overdrive shoots a sharp icicle. It flies very fast and shatters ice when it hits a static obstacle, dealing frosty splash damage. The icicle strikes tanks that are at any distance of the icicle's path. On impact, it deals damage to enemy tanks and applies an armor-piercing effect.
Description in Garage
Medium hull. It hovers above the surface and can pass through any harsh terrain without difficulty. Use its overdrive to shoot a big icicle which can neutralize enemy tanks at large distances.
Second generation hover tank: to create a compact but powerful hull with attacking possibilities, a lot of ingenious solutions were used. Compactness of the second generation anti-grav allowed engineers to equip enough armor to the tank for it to be a medium hull without decreasing its speed. Attacking capabilities are provided by the built-in cannon. To meet the size requirements, instead of a super-powerful weapon, a cryo generator was installed. It makes a shell from almost nothing by cooling moisture and then shoots a big armor-piercing icicle. After being hit by the chunk of ice, the opponent's cannon will be frozen making it easy to finish off the tank, if not destroying it.
- Protection (hp) — tank's health. Damage dealt by a turret is subtracted from a tank's protection. Once the protection gets to zero, the tank explodes.
- Top speed (m/sec) — maximum speed the tank can get to on a straight.
- Turning speed (deg/sec) — the maximum speed at which the tank can turn.
- Turning acceleration (deg/sec²) — affects the time it takes a tank to get to its maximum turning speed.
- Weight — affects tank's stability, i.e. impact force of hits, the recoil of its own turret, and partly, ability to move other tanks (this parameter does not affect tank's speed).
- Power (m/sec²) — affects the time it takes a hull to get to its maximum speed and ability to push other tanks.
- Acceleration (m/sec²) — the time it takes for the hull to build to top speed.
- Reverse acceleration (m/sec²) — anti-inertial acceleration that comes into force when a tank is moving in one direction and a player presses the button of moving to another direction. It works until speed gets to zero. After that, the usual acceleration starts working.
- Hull turn stabilization acceleration — determines how well the tank strikes back in its direction of travel in the event of a collision.
- Overdrive damage (hp) — The amount of damage dealt to an enemy from the overdrive shot.
- Overdrive Impact force — The physical impact of the overdrives projectile on enemy tanks upon contacting them.
- Anti-inertial turning acceleration (deg/sec²) — works like reverse acceleration but for left-right turns instead of moving forward/backward.
- Overdrive charge per battle point (%) — the percentage by which the overdrive charges per battle point received.
- Overdrive charge per second (%) — the percentage by which the overdrive charges per second played.
- Overdrive cooldown (sec) — The amount of time it takes after firing a shot in order to start charging the overdrive.
- Overdrive min. splash damage (%) — The distance from projectile's impact point at which enemy receives minimum damage. If the distance to the target is greater, damage will not be dealt.
- Overdrive splash damage radius (m) — The average radius of the splash damage for every shot.
- Radius of max ovedrive splash damage — The distance from the projectile's impact point at which enemy receives maximum damage. If the distance to the target is greater, the damage constantly decreases until the minimum damage radius.
- Auto-aim upwards (deg) — The angle range that auto-aim will affect if a target is above the overdrive's horizontal plane.
- Auto-aim downwards (deg) — The angle range that auto-aim will affect if a target is above the overdrive's horizontal plane.
- Heat resistance (%) — the percentage of heat resistance the hull withstands.
- Freeze resistance (%) — the percentage of freeze resistance the hull withstands.
- EMP resistance (%) — the percentage of emp resistance the hull withstands.
- Stun resistance (%) — the percentage of stun resistance the hull withstands.
- AP resistance (%) — the percentage of ap resistance the hull withstands.
- Jammer resistance (%) — the percentage of jammer resistance the hull withstands.
|Standard||Heat Resistance||Cold Resistance||Heat Immunity||Cold Immunity||EMP Immunity|
|Stun Immunity||Lightweight Construction||Heavyweight Construction||AP Immunity||Jammer Immunity||Special Protection|
|Crusader Standard||Crusader XT|
- The Crusader hull appeared in the game with the 631 release on December 11th, 2020. It is the third hovering hull in the game.
- On January 15th, 2021, the hull was released and available to be purchased in the garage by all players.
- Crusader's XT skin was released with the hull and is available in Ultra Containers with the garage description of "Decisiveness. Security. Power. Unique appearance of the second generation hovering tank. Reveals a new perspective of tanks. Crusader XT has opened a new page of history for tank manufacturing by its unique design solutions and unprecedented production quality. That's what it is, an exclusive skin for owners of the exclusive hull. Made of the special gold alloy extracted from top-secret mines, this elite skin provides longevity and aesthetics to your tank."
- Crusader's hull is just like a magnet. It detonates mines and picks up supply drops just like any other hull.