Thanks to the never-ending work of its engines the Crusader hull can hover over the ground at a low altitude. When Crusader is placed under enemy fire, it tries to return itself to a stable position. If the roll limit exceeds a certain maximum, the engines will fail and Crusader will flip.
The uniqueness of the hull movement is that it does not turn, but strafes in a given direction. The hull will perfectly fit mobile gameplay. On a PC, there are two different possibilities to control the hull: keyboard and mouse and only keyboard. When used with just a keyboard and mouse controls disabled, the tank is controlled like any other tank. However, when using the keyboard and mouse, the hull moves forward, backward, and strafes to the side. Strafe direction depends on the current camera position, as does forward, backward, left, and right keys. The hull also turns with the camera.
Crusader’s unique overdrive shoots a sharp icicle. It flies very fast and shatters ice when it hits a static obstacle, dealing frosty splash damage. The icicle strikes tanks that are at any distance of the icicle's path. On impact, it deals damage to enemy tanks and applies an armor-piercing effect.
Description in Garage
Medium hull. It hovers above the surface and can pass through any harsh terrain without difficulty. Use its overdrive to shoot a big icicle which can neutralize enemy tanks at large distances.
Second generation hover tank: to create a compact but powerful hull with attacking possibilities, a lot of ingenious solutions were used. Compactness of the second generation anti-grav allowed engineers to equip enough armor to the tank for it to be a medium hull without decreasing its speed. Attacking capabilities are provided by the built-in cannon. To meet the size requirements, instead of a super-powerful weapon, a cryo generator was installed. It makes a shell from almost nothing by cooling moisture and then shoots a big armor-piercing icicle. After being hit by the chunk of ice, the opponent's cannon will be frozen making it easy to finish off the tank, if not destroying it.
|Rank Available From|
|Price of Modification|
|Top Speed (m/sec)|
|Turning speed (deg/s)|
|Turning acceleration (deg/s²)|
|Reverse acceleration (m/s²)|
|Hull turn stabilization acceleration|
|Overdrive damage (HP)|
|Overdrive Impact force|
|Anti-inertial turning acceleration (deg/s²)|
|Overdrive charge per battle point (%)|
|Overdrive charge per second (%)|
|Overdrive cooldown (sec)|
|Overdrive min. splash damage (%)|
|Overdrive splash damage radius (m)|
|Radius of max ovedrive splash damage|
|Auto-aim upwards (deg)|
|Auto-aim downwards (deg)|
- Protection (hp) — tank's health. Damage dealt by a turret is subtracted from a tank's protection. Once the protection gets to zero, the tank explodes.
- Top speed (m/sec) — maximum speed the tank can get to on a straight.
- Lateral acceleration (m/sec²) — responsible for damping of lateral speed. The less this parameter is, the easier the tank can drift. The higher it is, the more difficult it is for a tank to move sideways.
- Turning speed (deg/sec) — the maximum speed at which the tank can turn.
- Turning acceleration (deg/sec²) — affects the time it takes a tank to get to its maximum turning speed.
- Anti-inertial turning acceleration (deg/sec²) — works like reverse acceleration but for left-right turns instead of moving forward/backward.
- Weight — affects tank's stability, i.e. impact force of hits, the recoil of its own turret, and partly, ability to move other tanks (this parameter does not affect tank's speed).
- Power (m/sec²) — affects the time it takes a tank to get to its maximum speed and ability to push other tanks.
- Reverse acceleration (m/sec²) — anti-inertial acceleration that comes into force when a tank is moving in one direction and a player presses the button of moving to another direction. It works until speed gets to zero. After that, the usual acceleration starts working.
- The Crusader hull appeared in the game with the 631 release on December 11th, 2020. It is the third hovering hull in the game.
- On January 15th, 2021, the hull was released and available to be purchased in the garage by all players.
- Crusader's XT skin was released with the hull and is available in Ultra Containers with the garage description of "Decisiveness. Security. Power. Unique appearance of the second generation hovering tank. Reveals a new perspective of tanks. Crusader XT has opened a new page of history for tank manufacturing by its unique design solutions and unprecedented production quality. That's what it is, an exclusive skin for owners of the exclusive hull. Made of the special gold alloy extracted from top-secret mines, this elite skin provides longevity and aesthetics to your tank."
- Crusader's hull is just like a magnet. It detonates mines and picks up supply drops just like any other hull.