Assault (aka. ASL () is a fusion-style format. It is currently only available to play in Matchmaking maps and battles. The mode bears a strong resemblance to both CTF and RGB. Teams are divided into two, each tasked with different roles. Battles are limited either by the number of capture points (70 team points in a regular battle) or by time (7 minutes in a regular battle).
Assault mode is unlike any other mode in the game - it combines the strategic element of capturing flags with the defending setups of rugby or siege. Players are divided into two teams, one which takes a flag from its base and tries to capture it by driving over or hit the specific blue "base" on the map. The objective of the defending team is to prevent the attackers from successfully delivering the flag. The defending team receives points for destroying enemy tanks (similar to TDM).
Successfully capturing a flag requires teamwork, skill, and timing. Players should try to attack together, use their Overdrives, and try to go in the perfect moment - like when a heavy defender dies or the whole defending team is low in health.
Defenders should try to fortify their base by laying mines, staying together, and using heavy hulls to block off access to the capture point. The overall objective of this mode makes it very strategy-based and requires a lot of effort to win, something that can't just come from supplies and personal skills. Work together, take care of your teammates, and capture your way to victory!
Images & Items
|The Blue flag is the attacking team's view of the flag and what the Blue team must take to the Redpoint, in order to complete capture.|
|The Red flag is the defending team's view of the flag and what the Red team must prevent from being captured in their bluepoint.|
|The Bluepoint is the defending team's view of the base they must defend, preventing the Red team from capturing their flag.|
|The Redpoint is the attacking team's view of the base they must attack, attempting to score points by capturing the flag.|
Blue flag base
|The positon of the blue flag bases from the blue team point of view.|
|The Score Counter shows the current score. The Red side shows how many captures the Red team has managed to complete (each capture grants 5 team points) and the Blue side shows how many kills the Blue team has made (1 kill grants 1 team point).|
Icons & Indicators
|Icon / Indicator||Purpose|
|Indicates that a player of the Red team has successfully captured the flag.|
|Indicates that a player of the Red team has taken the flag.|
|Indicates that a player of the Red team has dropped the flag.|
Statistics & Facts
- Upon self-destructing, the player loses 10 points of their battle score and loses 1 kill to their name.
- If a player manages to kill an enemy, they receive 40 EXP points and 15 points to their battle score.
- If a player assists in destroying an enemy, they receive 5 points to their battle score along with 20 EXP points.
- Healing a player with Isida gives up to 12 points of battle and 20 EXP.
- For each flag delivered, the red team receives 5 team points.
- Flags can only be taken by players from the red team.
- Delivering a flag rewards 40 EXP and 50 battle score
- If a player manages to take the flag but is destroyed, the flag automatically returns to the flag post.
- A player who has held the flag cannot pick it up again until the flag is returned to the base.
- For each kill made, the Blue team receives 1 team point.
- Assault mode was previously seen in previous Christmas celebrations. It was permanently implemented into the game on December the 13th, 2017.